Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Slantnose from HELL

Les you could very well be right depending on the senerio. but typically the turbo outlet isn't as the air expands as it leaves the turbo compressor section....... boost pipe???? possibly but, on a 930 they have a generous charge tube. Unless someone has made a homegrown abortion charge tube that restricts flow. The IC inlet isn't bad but it depends on the IC, the IC core could be and then the IC outlet. I have had customer cars that had too small of an IC that was the bottle neckbwhich restricted performance. Note that the particular car I am talking about wasn't a Porsche. Also if the turbo exceeds it's CFM rating then it would be the bottle neck.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 01-17-2008, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Quote:
Thanks GJF and Merv, your engine looks killer GJF!!
Thanks Mate!
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 01-17-2008, 07:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

And what do you thjnk about that kind of TB.....?

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207116408000968&set=gm.1723624077 855805&type=3&theater
Old 01-18-2008, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

From the picture it looks like a quality piece. The only thing that may be a issue is the throttle cable attachment, it looks bulky and might cause some interferece with the Carrera manifold even if you cut and rotate the center section. I have had a few Ford style TB's that I had to add a recessed area in the plenum for clearence with the linkage. The other side mounts the TPS, I think that would be fine. If you can remove the throttle cable attchment piece and maybe fabricate your own arm then that would remedy that easily.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Yes....of course, all the TBs I've fond on ebay ( for example) must be a little bit modified / adapted for the carrera manifold....but this one looks great because it is very short lenght.....isn't it...?...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10207116408000968&set=gm.1723624077 855805&type=3&theater
Old 01-18-2008, 11:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: