Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
coolcavaracing.com

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Kroggers
Turbo charging an SC

OK, I must be going mad. I have been searching for over one hour now. I remember there was a really good detailed discussion on here regarding turbo charging the SC 3.0 engine, containing lots of details about how to do it and what to look out for... And now I can not find it

Old 01-18-2008, 02:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
search help...

Hi if you search: "tsuter turbo" you get a lot of hits including some of the other fine jobs that have been done by Patkeefe, iamchappy etc. etc. AND mb911 (sorry):-)
good luck
Jesper

Last edited by jsveb; 01-18-2008 at 07:07 AM.. Reason: memory
Old 01-18-2008, 04:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered

and me.. I can come up with an easy list for you and make it much more simple then the BAE kits or the likes. remember we use to make complete kits but just supply some of the parts now..

Best solution

930 CIS set up complete
j pipe (930) that connects to you HE so no cat in place.
k27 turbo or a t3/t4 garret maybe a gt30.
oil supply and drain line(still fairly simple stuff and I have a bunch of parts
muffler (can use stock ca style if you need a cat)
waste gate either stock 930 part or tial
IC either stock 930 part or B6 etc
second fuel pump(rear mounted)

Limit the boost to .6 bar and have fun.. tough to keep the tires in traction

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 01-18-2008, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Hi hope this is ok kind of inline with the thread.
mb911: is this turbo good for an SC turbo setup see link press special turbo, then garrett ballbearingturbo. (its a DK site). the 400HP garrett gt2871rs
jsveb

http://www.scanturbo.dk/

Last edited by jsveb; 01-18-2008 at 07:35 AM.. Reason: link
Old 01-18-2008, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsveb View Post
Hi hope this is ok kind of inline with the thread.
mb911: is this turbo good for an SC turbo setup see link press special turbo, then garrett ballbearingturbo. (its a DK site). the 400HP garrett gt2871rs
jsveb

http://www.scanturbo.dk/
not sure did not see the specs but this is what I have T4 TO4E .69 A/r 57 trim

and this is the same one Jbrinkly just posted dyno sheets on the turbo forum just a few days ago running .6 bar he had 325hp@the wheels which is pretty good.

930 guys run gt30 and gt35 or kkk k27 or kkk k27 7200

Hope that helps also I just wrote up a big explaination on how to do this on coolcavaracing.com forums so yo can search that if you like

914-6 2.4s GT tribute.
914-6werkshop.com manufacturer of 914-6, GT, Conversion parts
Old 01-18-2008, 07:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Look I built a kit for my sc from scratch.

1. Use a volvo turbo boot, Cut it, fit a pipe on to it with silicone for good seal, boot is from the cis plate to front of turbo.
2. Make a pipe from outlet of turbo to a Carrera boot . It will work up to about 9 psi, but will eventually burst.
3. Put a fitting on the volvo boot pipe for the air regulator/choke.
4. 930 pipe must be cut and repositioned as it will not clear correctly.
5. Wastegate your choice.
6. Fuel system: modified warm up regulator (Still have a bunch left over-reduced control pressure); shims in the fuel pressure head, increase to about 93 psi. Set CO 3.5
Cold start valve hobbs switch at 4 or 5 psi.
7. Timing MSD with BTM or reworked distributor(distributor works better). No more that 16 17 a full advance.
8. Drain line, tap fitting into sump plate under oil pump pickup. Oil line from idiot light switch to turbo feed.
9. Seal injectors down as they will eventually push once at 9 psi.
10. Replace all vacuum/hoses as the pressure will find the weakest point.
11. Turbo T4/3 hybrid I believe it was a .63 a/r rear, stage 3 wheel hogged out; 60 front H3 compressor E too big for 10 psi and under. Full boost at 2800.
12. Pop off valve on air box, seal with silicone sealant, so after your done you can use it when stock.

Run 9 psi, walk stock turbo or slighty modified one on both bottom and top end. Show Saleen Mustang why he should not taunt old man in SC.
Scare Highway Patrol, on freeway as to why he should be paying attention to traffic, and not talking to his partner about food and women.

Make about 300-325 hp and about 370 ft lbs of torque. Everntually blow head gaskets on tired engine, turn boost up higher to compensate have even more fun, then rebuild after 170K of which 70k was with turbo.

Sell Car, as is becoming too dangerous, constantly at triple digits. Too much torque strips ring and pinion and tranmission now sounds like supercharger.

Leave kit in closet for 3 or 4 years, get bored; modify original SC Kit to fit in other Porsche Carrera with 7-8 psi, fast but not rocket, turn up boost to 10 psi, walk friends 400hp supercharged 350Z, but only happy for short time, now gathering parts to rework engine, make 400 plus hp, happy for short time again. Sell Carrera, then buy used F-16 only happy until next fill up; if I could only find a set of fuchs for it.

Last edited by rfng; 01-18-2008 at 10:24 PM..
Old 01-18-2008, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

coolcavaracing.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfng View Post
Look I built a kit for my sc from scratch.

1. Use a volvo turbo boot, Cut it, fit a pipe on to it with silicone for good seal, boot is from the cis plate to front of turbo.
2. Make a pipe from outlet of turbo to a Carrera boot . It will work up to about 9 psi, but will eventually burst.
3. Put a fitting on the volvo boot pipe for the air regulator/choke.
4. 930 pipe must be cut and repositioned as it will not clear correctly.
5. Wastegate your choice.
6. Fuel system: modified warm up regulator (Still have a bunch left over-reduced control pressure); shims in the fuel pressure head, increase to about 93 psi. Set CO 3.5
Cold start valve hobbs switch at 4 or 5 psi.
7. Timing MSD with BTM or reworked distributor(distributor works better). No more that 16 17 a full advance.
8. Drain line, tap fitting into sump plate under oil pump pickup. Oil line from idiot light switch to turbo feed.
9. Seal injectors down as they will eventually push once at 9 psi.
10. Replace all vacuum/hoses as the pressure will find the weakest point.
11. Turbo T4/3 hybrid I believe it was a .63 a/r rear, stage 3 wheel hogged out; 60 front H3 compressor E too big for 10 psi and under. Full boost at 2800.
12. Pop off valve on air box, seal with silicone sealant, so after your done you can use it when stock.

Run 9 psi, walk stock turbo or slighty modified one on both bottom and top end. Show Saleen Mustang why he should not taunt old man in SC.
Scare Highway Patrol, on freeway as to why he should be paying attention to traffic, and not talking to his partner about food and women.

Make about 300-325 hp and about 370 ft lbs of torque. Everntually blow head gaskets on tired engine, turn boost up higher to compensate have even more fun, then rebuild after 170K of which 70k was with turbo.

Sell Car, as is becoming too dangerous, constantly at triple digits. Too much torque strips ring and pinion and tranmission now sounds like supercharger.

Leave kit in closet for 3 or 4 years, get bored; modify original SC Kit to fit in other Porsche Carrera with 7-8 psi, fast but not rocket, turn up boost to 10 psi, walk friends 400hp supercharged 350Z, but only happy for short time, now gathering parts to rework engine, make 400 plus hp, happy for short time again. Sell Carrera, then buy used F-16 only happy until next fill up; if I could only find a set of fuchs for it.
Do you have any pictures?
Old 01-19-2008, 02:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Stranger on the Internet

I was impressed with jbrinkley's dyno sheets, and MB911 is probably in the same HP range. Mine is SC with CIS, which is believe is a bit limiting regarding fuel delivery. However, the CIS SC will also make lots of power, and it's pretty much lots of fun to drive. Goes good at the track, too.

This photo is the rev 1.0 setup. Current Rev 2.0 setup has M&K muffler (very light weight) and Tial Sport WG, still the old Rajay turbo, which I believe we have determined to be equal to T04B in "V" trim. I think current power levels are in the 280 RWHP range at 5.8 PSI...I'm still sorting the fuel delivery.

Old 01-19-2008, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Hi mb911,
I haven't chime in with you for some time now. Too busy with the 3.2 rebuild and my 2 year old daughter. Now that she's a little older and independant and my rebuild is done, I have been concidering using your "kit". From your post above, you state that you supply some of the parts. What part do I have to get? I will not be using the CAT. Any pictures of the kit will be great.
Thanks
John
Old 01-22-2008, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

rfng, that was too funny man
Old 01-22-2008, 10:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
R&D guy

This probably isn't what you are thinking of as it refers to a 3.2, but it is a good writeup:

Protomotive Stage ! Install (Part 1)
Old 01-22-2008, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Thanks dw1, very informative. But, as I remember, mb911 kit was far more easier to install. Almost "Bolt on" and require little cutting.
Old 01-22-2008, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
coolcavaracing.com

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by johncmng View Post
Thanks dw1, very informative. But, as I remember, mb911 kit was far more easier to install. Almost "Bolt on" and require little cutting.
More on the M&K here - http://coolcavaracing.myfastforum.org/about44.html by Ben...
Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Registered

Garage
Here is the link to Suters SC turbo thread.

911SC Turbo

914 6 Turbo twinplug 3.12
87 924S
Lexus SC400
Lexus LS400
Old 01-22-2008, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
930 Gt2

Been a while since ive posted, very busy. My project is comming along, shouldn't be long now.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
rfng, loved the story
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 01-26-2008, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Drivin' Miss Daisy

Garage
mb911 - what cost would I be looking at for you to source all the parts for me? I'm running a stock 3.0 from an SC. I don't need a CAT. I'd prefer a low pressure turbo (quick spool-up) and no IC.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

turbo

i am trying to source the correct parts as well...any help is appreciated
Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

I have these parts for sale, I sold my 83 911SC turbo look (sad day)

j pipe (930) that connects to you HE so no cat in place.
k27 turbo.
stainless steel muffler very nice
stock 930 muffler
waste gate stock 930
IC stock 930 part
BAE chrome pipes Both
Old 03-01-2008, 02:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Roaddawg,

how much?

Rob

Old 03-01-2008, 02:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: