Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Innocent Bystander

Garage
Boxed Rocker question...

How are the steel factory boxed rockers attached to the body? I see a pair on ebay but it isn't intuitively obvious how they install. Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
A couple of screws mount them to the side of the body and brackets in the underside is used for a more secure/sturdy support. The boxed rockers are actually two piece, the horizontal surface and the vertical. The rubber strip hides where they interconnect.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 01-25-2008, 06:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Innocent Bystander

Garage
Thanks Dave, I really appreciate the information and picture. That resolves all issues I might have had about buying and installing a set. Doug
Old 01-25-2008, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Just remember that once you install them, you have to figure a way to jack your car up if needed. The factory extended the jack points outside the boxed rockers. make sure you get the endcaps as the stocks ones will not work.

I installed a pair that didn't have the hole and for when I'm on the road have a small sissors jack that fit under the car with a flat. I want to swap it out for a small floor jack for ease though.
Old 01-25-2008, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Innocent Bystander

Garage
I just assumed I'd have to fab some jack point extensions, weld them in and cut the holes in the rockers for the plugs.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Smith View Post
I just assumed I'd have to fab some jack point extensions, weld them in and cut the holes in the rockers for the plugs.
it would not be advisable to add the jack point extensions to the box rockers. the extensions are still available from a few places but back in the 80's when every one was doing slant nose conversions they were installing these extensions and sometimes they would collapse and crush the box rockers. I have heard that even some of the factory ones have done this, but do not know that for a fact. thats why most of the after market box rockers do not have the jack hole in them. Also why I chose not to try to install them when I did mine.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-25-2008, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Innocent Bystander

Garage
What kind of jack do you carry?
Old 01-25-2008, 03:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: