Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

plx units are quite good and flexible, very good base for your project. I've got quite a few customers using their system with great results
Old 01-28-2008, 10:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Alton View Post
The turbo spins from flow, not pressure. Now I agree that it creates a restriction that can cause back pressure in the exhaust between the turbo and the exhaust valve. I am just curious how much pressure are we talking about here?

I thought David (125 shifter) was monitoring both banks on his efi single turbo as he seemed to know when one side was running lean.

Turbo semantics aside, I had not heard that an o2 sensor would not work in a pressurized area. Not saying it is not true, but I am curious as to why and where I can read up on the theory.

Cheers
Hi,
I think he picked up on the Lean Bank by Temperature differences from left to right. The difference was a retarded cam. The other reason not to put it before the turbo is Heat Sink skewing the readings.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-28-2008, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Wish I knew more, sorry I don't.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 01-28-2008, 02:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
The turbo spins from flow, not pressure. Now I agree that it creates a restriction that can cause back pressure in the exhaust between the turbo and the exhaust valve. I am just curious how much pressure are we talking about here?

Turbo semantics aside, I had not heard that an o2 sensor would not work in a pressurized area. Not saying it is not true, but I am curious as to why and where I can read up on the theory.

Cheers
Pre turbo, there can be as much as 2x the boost pressure.

I think you can read about the O2 placement on the Innovate site.
Old 01-29-2008, 05:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Thanks, reading up!

Cheers
Old 01-29-2008, 06:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Thanks, reading up!

Cheers
Hi,
It's pretty simple equaton here. The sensor should be 8" from the turbo and downstream. You probaly will find it hard to get 8" from the turbo. I put mine between the muffler body and the Turbo flange after screwing up twice and putting it in the coillector ahead of the Turbo. If you put it pre turbo and a professional tells you the Heat soak will make it read wrong, it will worry you till you move it. That is, if you are tuning with it. It read about 1 point rich before the collector as opposed to after it for me. In another words, the car was leaner than my AFR was telling me.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-29-2008, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: