Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

very nice works!! can you display the transmission gears? for sequential tranny!!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Wow! - this has made the project list.
Old 01-30-2008, 08:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

David..

Nice work! I've been following the thread and just looked at the videos.... I'm interested!

Was just about to pull the trigger for a PLX AFR Gauge..

Reconfiguring my console.. now on hold.

Oh.. and nice car by the way!!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 01-30-2008, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to 81turboporsche
that is the most beautiful thing i have ever seen
Old 01-30-2008, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

how much?
Old 01-30-2008, 11:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

OK Everyone wants to know the price!!! I Have been on the phone all day trying to get the best prices from my suppliers so I can make this gauge as easy for everyone wallet as i can. Also to set the stage, each type of gauge has
it obstacles that make them easer ( but need to buy more part's to make everything fit right ) or harder less parts but more labor. I am working my ass off to get all the details worked out so that I can post pricing I will have something for to you guys before the end of the week. sorry for the delay

Thanks David
Old 01-30-2008, 11:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I bet 81turboporsche says that to all the gauges.

Seriously, that is one fine product, David.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Me like track days

Damn, if I didn't have a voltmeter gauge in that exact postion...
Old 01-30-2008, 12:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Porsche-Poor

Garage
very impressive, tastefully done, nice work david
1980 911 SC Weissach-regrettably sold
1975 911S-sold but not forgotten
Old 01-30-2008, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 930 RS View Post
Damn, if I didn't have a voltmeter gauge in that exact postion...

Maybe he's got a Voltmeter Module for ya!

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 01-30-2008, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Just give me an AFR readout, and I'd be good - perfect location for one too. Dave - I'll call you tomorrow, but can you tell us if it could be used with an Innovate system (just replace the round read out).
Old 01-30-2008, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to jriera Send a message via Yahoo to jriera
Any chance to have two or more gauges (i.e. AFR, EGR and Turbo simultaneously) where the standard clock resides (and where I have my turbo gauge now)???

Just thinking out loud ....
Old 01-31-2008, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

jriera I will have a gauge that will daisy chain to the tach gauge and use the same control stalk with a larger display in the next two weeks should have the gauge face proofs back first of next week.

Thanks David
Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

I should have a full price list to post in the morning and will contact all the people that have Emailed me in the last few days

Thanks David
Old 01-31-2008, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
PM sent, I am interested too!
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 02-02-2008, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Banned

Pm sent.
Old 02-03-2008, 07:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
Just give me an AFR readout, and I'd be good - perfect location for one too. Dave - I'll call you tomorrow, but can you tell us if it could be used with an Innovate system (just replace the round read out).
I would like to know this too.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 02-03-2008, 10:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Count me in!! Hey just a thought, any chance of making that a drop in for our clocks ?? Bet there's a clock function in your gauget too ??
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon

Last edited by 9dreizig; 02-03-2008 at 11:22 AM..
Old 02-03-2008, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Ok the 930 gauge is pretty much done (after about 100 hour's of work ) and I will be posting pic's and a Video early in the week. It turned out better than I could of hoped for it is awsome!!!

To answer a few ?'s the system works with all PLX sensors because each sensors connect with a small uplink cable The PlX sensor allows for much more flexablity than the lM1 for two reasons the LM1 only allows for AFR readings between 10.0 and 20.0 this sensor will not work for E85 or other types of fuel the PLX sensors Works with gasoline, bio diesel, ethanol, methanol, E85, LPG, and CNG. making it much more flexable and it is self calibrating ( this means no open air calibration).

We are tring to finish up a display for the Clock the will daisychain off the controls for the tach and allow you to move the screens back an forth to display any sensor on either display this should also be done in the next week or so.

when replacing the OBC with this gauge you will lose the functions of the OBC this may change with more development but it is not something we are currently working on.

The wideband combo is the factory OBC tachometer combined with the OLCD display and includes the display control module ,wideband module and wideband sensor , connecting cables and software CD in a kit.

The boost /vac combo is the factory OBC tachometer combined with the OLCD display and includes the display control module, boost/ vacuum module and sensor, connecting cables and software CD in a kit.

The combos for the 911/930 are the same.

All of the kits can have other sensors and the corresponding modules added so that many sensors can be monitored from a single display. Every sensor has a module that controls it and links it to the display. It is possibly to connect as many as 32 sensors and modules to a single display ----- more than anyone is likely to ever need. It would be possible, for example to have 6 exhaust gas temperature sensors, 2 air temp sensors, 2 wideband sensors, and oil pressure, and oil temperature all monitored from a single display. This is more than most would even consider but it is possible.

The modified tach is plug and play. The sensors will have to have to be installed and the modules for each sensor will need to be located and powered by a switched 12 volt source. No other parts need to be sourced.

Hope this info helps

Thanks Again
David and Arthur
Dynolab Inc
Old 02-03-2008, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: