Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Custom OLCD Porsche Gauge Pricing

As promised, here is a link to the pricing for the custom Porsche OLCD Gauges as seen on youtube.

http://www.c2turbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2884
Old 02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by c2turbo View Post
As promised, here is a link to the pricing for the custom Porsche OLCD Gauges as seen on youtube.

http://www.c2turbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2884
I have some questions. What does a "Combo" mean.

Like Wideband Combo?

If you order a wideband combo, does it come with the sensor, ditto for all the others? Is it turn key, nothing else to sourced for whatever options are selected?

I asked a few questions in the original thread about the interface that is presented to the customer that I still need answered.

Can the oil pressure option be used for Fuel Pressure?

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 02-01-2008, 04:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Nice job David! The videos really help to illustrate the gauges.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
I have some questions. What does a "Combo" mean.

Like Wideband Combo?

If you order a wideband combo, does it come with the sensor, ditto for all the others? Is it turn key, nothing else to sourced for whatever options are selected?

I asked a few questions in the original thread about the interface that is presented to the customer that I still need answered.

Can the oil pressure option be used for Fuel Pressure?

Les
The wideband combo is the factory OBC tachometer combined with the OLCD display and includes the display control module ,wideband module and wideband sensor , connecting cables and software CD in a kit.

The boost /vac combo is the factory OBC tachometer combined with the OLCD display and includes the display control module, boost/ vacuum module and sensor, connecting cables and software CD in a kit.

The combos for the 911/930 are the same.

All of the kits can have other sensors and the corresponding modules added so that many sensors can be monitored from a single display. Every sensor has a module that controls it and links it to the display. It is possibly to connect as many as 32 sensors and modules to a single display ----- more than anyone is likely to ever need. It would be possible, for example to have 6 exhaust gas temperature sensors, 2 air temp sensors, 2 wideband sensors, and oil pressure, and oil temperature all monitored from a single display. This is more than most would even consider but it is possible.

The modified tach is plug and play. The sensors will have to have to be installed and the modules for each sensor will need to be located and powered by a switched 12 volt source. No other parts need to be sourced.

I missed your question about the interface and I am not sure what you are asking. On the 965/993 cars the factory OBC stalk is used to control the display. ON the 911/930 cars the display is controlled by a wired remote. There is a USB port on the display control module that you can connect to a laptop in order to upload custom gauge faces, wall papers, and sensor updated.

The oil pressure sensor has not been approved for fuel.
Old 02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Hello,
How fleible is the programming Interface? Can I amke a screen with two temps on it, like IC IN and IC out temp? What determines on what screen the sensors turn up on? I guess my question is how much controll does the user have?

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT

Last edited by les_garten; 02-01-2008 at 08:38 PM..
Old 02-01-2008, 08:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Hey Les give me a call if you get a chance and I will see if I can give you the info you need

Thanks David

www.c2turbo.com
Old 02-03-2008, 09:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

E-85 sippin drunk

David...Just let me also lend my opinion by saying HOT DAMN!!!! That is the shiz dizzle!! Very good job...almost wish I would have never bought my LC-1 now...LOL

I have a VDO extreme series tach...which has the shift light in it... It was custom silk screened from NHS... are you installing these in the tacs themselves...or is the installation upto the owner??
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 02-08-2008, 06:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

We are installing them as fast as we can I am working on 4 tonight as I am responding to this LOL
Thanks to everyone for the orders. We will be releasing a dealer list this upcoming week to make it easyer to order, and we have a ton of new products to be released in up coming weeks ( you think this is cool just wait) I will post more info and Videos in the next few days and we hope to have the website up in a week .

Thanks David

" IN Your Face Gauges "

http://www.c2turbo.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12606#post12606
Old 02-08-2008, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: