Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

DE at Roebling

With respect to which car, I can only add that I did my first DE in my 930 at VIR on the short course (1.7 miles).....and was promptly passed by every other vehicle there! But after some instruction and perhaps a little talking to myself, things began to come my way. If your goal is to learn how to drive the 930, take it. Roebling has almost zero elevation change, and a nice mix of turns. You will have a good weekend.

As for the family, the track is pretty low key. If the weather is good, the young ones can play in the paddock area. The facilities, however, are pretty basic. Take what you/they will need! The crossing to get to the infield is at grade level, so entry/exit has to be timed between run groups.

For lodging, check around/in Pooler GA. There are several choices. Good luck!!

Dixon
Old 02-06-2008, 07:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rory Mckenna View Post
I know I am going against the current with this... but I say take the 930, iF it is the car you want to drive... do not be scaed to drive it.. few people take them to the track and learn to drive them the correct way .. which is why most people are scared of them..930's are GREAT track machines... just because you have a 930.. doesn't mean you have to drive like a goof and wreck it.. drive slow.. learn the line, and then slowly work on technique and other aspects of being a better driver.
Oh I do not disagree. However, when one who is presented with is first DE experience has to his disposal a 944 AND a 930, I say shake out all your "first timer" DE bugs in the less important / demanding / more forgiving machine.

That's all.

Even if it's just the first time not the first few.

Just my $0.02.

Either way you'll have a hoot. I just tell myself to not outdrive:

- my abilities
- my equipment
- the situation

Enjoy!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-06-2008, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via ICQ to GaryR
And while it's remote, the possibility of damaging the car is always present. 944's are easy to replace, 930's not so much....
Old 02-06-2008, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: