Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Macht Schnell

Hello,
Very kewl stuff here. As far as pricing, I think his price is fair. I bought an EFI systems Wideband Display, sensor, and controller kit from Clewett for $449. Probably paid a little much for it, but there it is. It is a well done unit also.

So for $200 more, I could have C2Turbo take apart my Tach and integrate it perfectly like it was factory. I would also get a Backbone system that I can customize with 32 inputs. Additionally it is in a Perfect position for viewing, right below the Tach.

Seems like a hell of a deal for an additional $200 over what I paid for my Wideband EGO. I'm not saying, it's cheap, but I think the price is fair.

PorschePHD, say one more bad thing about my 934 boost Gauge and it's your AZZ!!

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 02-14-2008, 01:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
"One nut away from a eunuch" is not humorous to you? I guess it's the writers strike.

Your needs are not the same as the typical 930 owner who wrenches his own car, and quite frankly you have no idea what I have or have not tested or what I know about the tools of the trade.

As previously stated, the 930 OLCD is a nice gadget and I am sure it will sell well. It was not my intension to derail this thread.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
PorschePHD, say one more bad thing about my 934 boost Gauge and it's your AZZ!!
LMAO....Bring itThis is only one of the three arts I teach and practice.

Old 02-14-2008, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschephd View Post
LMAO....Bring itThis is only one of the three arts I teach and practice.

Dude,
You're out of your League here!

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 02-14-2008, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
"One nut away from a eunuch" is not humorous to you? I guess it's the writers strike.

Your needs are not the same as the typical 930 owner who wrenches his own car, and quite frankly you have no idea what I have or have not tested or what I know about the tools of the trade.

As previously stated, the 930 OLCD is a nice gadget and I am sure it will sell well. It was not my intension to derail this thread.
Brian,
I thought your post was pretty funny! I still think C2Turbo is being fair in his pricing. I'm sure you know what he's doing here, don't you think the tach mod is worth a few bucks? He also has the aggravation of "supporting" the product.

Les
Old 02-14-2008, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

LOL, well what kind of fight has a 1/2 mile range or what ever the heck the range of that thing is!!?

Wennie
Old 02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschephd View Post
Are you kidding me? For something that is sold out of the box that is cheap. Hell, you couldn't update your gauges to 964 style for less that this gauge.

Just because YOU could make it for cheaper doesn't mean YOU could make it for cheaper for the masses and sell it. David is offering one hell of a product for a very good price. Give me a break, a quality AFR gauge (not your cheap wanna be versions) will cost almost as much as the conversion and you get a hell of a lot more than just a gauge.

You have any idea what we use to pay of for the old 934 Andial boost guage. LOL, that was worthless to boot.
Yeah I chased a LED Andial boost gauge on ebay all the way to $800. I think it ended at $1100
Old 02-14-2008, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Dude,
You're out of your League here!

Les
Umm..... nice pool
Old 02-14-2008, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

wow I just wanted to share being the first guy to volunteer my gauge as the mule and my thread has gone gonzo! We have talk of castration, martial arts, and sniper rifles...

DANG!

RarlyL8 : I did not find "One nut away from a eunuch" humorous and I am the typical 930 wrench-it-yourself... I just so happen to be all about the best quality stuff. I think Dave's in tach gauge is better than anything other sort of wideband display. I already had a brand new NGK AFX wideband setup I bought while back and instalntly decided to scrap it in favor of this option. Being able to add so many valuable data inputs and outputs from the motor is exactly what I was looking for when I researched over 12 different wideband setups, ultimately deciding that they all were all the same thing so i went with the cheapest quality setup. Now that I have the OLCD I'm freaking stoked. FActory Porsche appearence with ultimate customability... who the hell doesn't love more and better? Heck, I remember complimenting your exhaust systems and giving you feedback and input on how to make it better rather than stating "sure looks alot like the muffler and dump pipe setup I recently made and posted on Pelican..." or calling you a castrated man... wtf?

Last edited by E-man930; 02-14-2008 at 03:50 PM.. Reason: reached down in my pants, felt my balls, and spoke my mind = reason for editing...
Old 02-14-2008, 03:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Garage
Some funny stuff going on here and Brian is just trying to live up to his moniker crotchety old bastard. Stephen now you know your son can do a better break than that with his pinky, I couldn't help but bust out laughing when I saw the pic of the rifle.
Old 02-14-2008, 03:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

This is what I like to wear to protect my "unick" from sniper fire and kung-fu masters:
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 02-14-2008, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
wow I just wanted to share being the first guy to volunteer my gauge as the mule and my thread has gone gonzo! We have talk of castration, martial arts, and sniper rifles...

DANG!

RarlyL8 : I did not find "One nut away from a eunuch" humorous and I am the typical 930 wrench-it-yourself... I just so happen to be all about the best quality stuff. I think Dave's in tach gauge is better than anything other sort of wideband display. I already had a brand new NGK AFX wideband setup I bought while back and instalntly decided to scrap it in favor of this option. Being able to add so many valuable data inputs and outputs from the motor is exactly what I was looking for when I researched over 12 different wideband setups, ultimately deciding that they all were all the same thing so i went with the cheapest quality setup. Now that I have the OLCD I'm freaking stoked. FActory Porsche appearence with ultimate customability... who the hell doesn't love more and better? Heck, I remember complimenting your exhaust systems and giving you feedback and input on how to make it better rather than stating "sure looks alot like the muffler and dump pipe setup I recently made and posted on Pelican..." or calling you a castrated man... wtf?
E-Man,
That's what happens when you're not here to ride herd on your thread. Ya end up with strays, rusltlers, and a pack of snarlin' wolves!!

How much did you spend on your 1st AFR setup?

You can sell that one and offset the cost of the OLED Gauge.

Les
Old 02-14-2008, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I really don't understand why anyone is insulted by my pun on words. Have you not heard the term "that one cost me a left nut"? It doesn't mean you are castrated, it simply means you paid dearly for something you really wanted.

This gage system is really cool and also rather pricey as gages go. It looks to be worth every penny for what it is and what it can do.

Let me give you a very clear comparison.
An exact replica of one of my Zork tubes fabbed up at your local pipe bender will cost < 1/2 what I charge. The difference? Mine is made of 321 and weighs <3 pounds while the muffler shop unit will be much heavier and made of lesser materials. The same goes for this gizmo. In the end it does the same thing as a dozen other gages, only with a lot more class and a nice compact package.

Can we stop the chest thumping now or do I need to break out the pictures of my guns?

Last edited by RarlyL8; 02-14-2008 at 04:40 PM..
Old 02-14-2008, 04:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

It is an additional cost but PLX is coming out with a new Data logger that works with the C2turbo guage.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 02-14-2008, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Low Speed, High Drag

Garage
All this whining makes me not want to even surf these forums. You want cheap parts then go buy a mustang or some other pile. Keep it to yourself.

c2turbo, nice work!
Old 02-14-2008, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

I think c2turbo’s offering is great and not that bad of a price.

I have bought Brian’s products in the past and have found him to be a down to earth
great guy (Those welds are awesome!)

That said, I would like my 930 to stick with analog dials (with real needles) for everything!
I don’t track and in general, just love the non-high tech way the 930 is in the wild.

I come from a 9XX water world and truly appreciate the raw nature of the Turbo
Old 02-14-2008, 06:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-man930 View Post
E-Man, thank you saying that. I am shocked at the turn on this thread and disappointed by some of you on this, especially seeing that I have personally helped many of you on here.

SandMan \Jeff thanks for the humor - needed for sure

I am in full support of C2efforts and will be the next in line. Kudos to you and its a shame that this thread has turned into a level of puerility.

Yasin
Old 02-14-2008, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Me like track days

I love the Internet.......
Old 02-14-2008, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 930 RS View Post
I love the Internet.......
“I am standing here besides my self” circa Short Circuit
Old 02-14-2008, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Sheeeesh, you guys read so much into one line, of apparently bad, humor.

No one said this was a bad product, it is not.
No one said this was an overpriced product, it is not.

What was implied (by me) was this is an expensive product - as gages go.
No more, no less, no malice intended.
I'll go back in the shop now, package up some mufflers and mind my own business before a get beat up, shot, or whatever Sandy had in mind (which actually scares me the most). Ha!
Old 02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: