Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
After the next project

Garage
Need help Fast.... Pics!

Attention all CA residents... I need your help.

I am upgrading to SSI so I am updating my oil lines to the older style lines. I have the new line on the car but the air-injection system that is used for emissions is in the way of the new line sitting correctly.

Questions,

1) Has anyone taken this off and still passed emissions?
2) What do I need (actual size and thread pitch of bolt) to plug the holes left from the injectors?

I am in the middle of this right now and need your help. (also posted on 911forum). I own an 87-930

Thanks,
Bryan

Old 02-18-2008, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You need 10mm plug with 1mm thread pitch to plug air injection. MB brake calipers use those.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
You can buy the plugs from Performance Products or Imagine Auto.
I'm pretty sure you can pass emissions without air injection but you could very well flunk the visual test if the technician knows what to look for.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 02-18-2008, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Plug size again

Is it 10mm long or 10mm thick? Also, is the 1mm thread the same as 1.0?

So, isn't a normal metric bolt like 8x1.0 or something like that? What isze would this be?

Any CA residents with this system off?

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 02-18-2008, 01:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

I don't know how this works in Cali, but most places I've lived you could find a Hot Rod Friendly Inspection Station. You may want to ask around.

I would just buy the set from Performance Products and slap them in there. They are more like plugs than Bolts.

Les
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 02-18-2008, 01:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Check these threads out....

CIS Air Injection Plugs - all are not created equally.

911SC Air Injection Port Plugs?
Old 02-18-2008, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Blitzkrieg

Its called an M10 x 1.00 mm, fine thread

I bought allen head set screws at a fastener shop that worked fine, standard hex head bolt won't work because headsize is too big. Performance Products are worth the $20, you will spend that much in gas driving around to hardware stores looking for this size and it is not very common because it is a fine thread. That was my experience allthough I found something to work, I wish I would have just bought them from Perf. Products.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jly535 View Post
I bought allen head set screws at a fastener shop that worked fine, standard hex head bolt won't work because headsize is too big. Performance Products are worth the $20, you will spend that much in gas driving around to hardware stores looking for this size and it is not very common because it is a fine thread. That was my experience allthough I found something to work, I wish I would have just bought them from Perf. Products.
I agree! I spent a TON of time trying to track something down locally then gave up. I need to order some of these Perf Products for the $20. I think I have more in that already messing around with it. Does our host have them as well or did I miss it? If not, I hope Wayne is paying attention and adding them to his catalog of parts.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
If you wish to retain the air injection spider a braided hose can be made that replaces the 2-piece stock unit or the hard line only. You can then sell those expensive hoses.

The air injection plugs are stock parts for Porsche 914 brake calipers and Mercedes tranny. Small parts like that are often not worth the hassle for dealers/distributors to carry.
Old 02-18-2008, 04:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Thanks....

Thank you for all of your help. I have ordered the plugs from our host.

If anyone out there in CA has removed and passed (not concerned about visual) emissions please let me know.

Thanks,
Bryan
Old 02-18-2008, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: