Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Bleachii,
That was a horrible, and horribly funny story! I can't even imagine what I would have done at that point when the car rolled off the truck!!!
I am really hoping for a good/clean/no issues transport... I'm crossing my fingers, and toes!

Here is a technical question. This car has been tuned around 93 octane fuel. Out here in good old CA we get 91...
What should I do?
Buy some race fuel and dilute it into the liquid that we have to call gas?
Change the waste gate spring down to 0.8bar?
Of course the car will be re-tuned around the 91 octane, in the near future, but what will happen if I were to run 91 in it initially? Knocking? Explosion?
Please excuse my ignorance... I'm just learning all the turbo nuances, and I would rather not detonate the motor on my first drive!

Thank you all for your support on this purchase... without all your input and this forum in general, I would not have made the plunge!

-Sean
Old 02-29-2008, 07:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Hey Quicksilver 77,
Heres what you have to look forward to
Gotta admit this was a pretty happy night!

ny
Old 02-29-2008, 08:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Certifiable

That does look like a very happy day indeed! I cannot wait for Santa's 18 wheeled sleigh to pull up!
Old 02-29-2008, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Registered Abuser

Quicksilver

Verrry nice! thumbs on the guards red with black wheels the ride height is perfect. Michelin Sport cups on these are super tires. You will be in love. I could not drive mine back either.
I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth - Steve McQueen
американский
Old 03-01-2008, 02:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Certifiable

Waaaaahhooooo!

Well Boys and Girls!
I am an official member of the club! She arrived from Georgia unscathed, she started right up getting off the truck (I figured it was a good sign!) Took her for a spin... That boost is addicting!!!!!!!! I am smiles ear to ear!
Here is the short list of things that need attention:
The clutch needs an adjustment (I hope that is all) as it engages at almost the top of the travel, and the gearbox feels like I am stirring a bowl of oatmeal!

So I decided that I would start with the shifter bushings, as my first DIY.
Ordered the parts from our host and got to it. The bushing and sleeve under the shift knob went well enough but when I opened the compartment between the rear seats, and pulled back the rubber boots to install the coupler bushings I was greeted with a large hose clamp!!!!
Apparently, the conical steel set screw had bonded to the alloy coupler, and when the PO, or shop, went in to remove it, to do the bushing replacement, the top part of the bolt cracked and the allen key no longer would get enough purchase to do its job. So I guess a hose clamp is the next best thing to installing new bushings right?!!
So tonight I am going to try to drill and easy out the set screw... hopefully without damaging the coupler... That is unless you all, in your infinite knowledge have another trick of the trade???

Wish me luck!
Best Regards,
Sean
Old 03-12-2008, 03:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Sean,

Congrats again on your purchase and it's safe arrival!

As far as you're coupler is concerned, I would buy the Wevo replacement parts below. Think you'd be happy with the upgrade.

http://www.wevo.com/Products/ShifterProducts/WevoShifterProducts_PSJ-911Stock.htm

Billet Clamp. http://www.wevo.com/Products/ShifterProducts/WevoShifterProducts_BilletClamp.htm

Best of luck to you and welcome to The Pleasure Dome!!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 03-12-2008, 05:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Me like track days

and don't forget this:
http://www.wevo.com/Products/ShifterProducts/WevoShifterProducts_Shifter-930Black.htm
Old 03-12-2008, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Way to go, Quicky!!! Congratulations! I'm really happy for you. You have a great car. Keep us posted on your experiences.

Geoff
Old 03-12-2008, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: