Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

turbo on a 3.0 SC motor

Guys,

I have been asking about getting more power out of my great running SC 3.0 motor. I was told that (of course) a turbo would be the best way to go.

Can anyway tell me a shopping list of what I need to do the job (I will hand it over to a pro for installation)

I was told (thus far):

- Turbo (what kind do I look for)
- Tial valve
- 914 cold start valve
- pressure valve

what else? Is this a good starting point? Any and all info is appreciated.

Rob
robertludwick@hotmail.com
Old 02-28-2008, 08:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Absent expertise with turbochargers, welding and fabrication skills, you will want to purchase a kit. BAE made one years ago, but they have been out business since its principal died in an ultralite accident. BAE kits are still in use, and pop up on this site for sale from time to time.

You will need a new exhaust pipe from the heat exchangers to the turbocharger, a new muffler to mate with the turbo, proper ductwork, and unless you want to get rid of your CIS system, silicone bonnets to connect the ductwork to and from the turbo's compressor.

A kit will be your best bet unless you know what you are doing. There a few guys on this site at are getting approximately 300 hp out of upgraded BAE kits. Do a seach for "BAE" and "turbo". There are a number of threads on this site that will point you in the right direction.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
To get you going, no welding necessary:
- J pipe
- Turbo
- Waste Gate
- Muffler
- 930 CIS
- Fuel Pump
Old 02-28-2008, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

turbo

Rarly8,

Say it isn't so? No welding? do you have any plans for such a beautiful thing? Seriously...I am ready to get to work

Thanks,

Rob
Old 02-28-2008, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: