Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

used BAE RayJay turbo kit adaptability

Guys,

Can I use an older BAE RayJay turbo from an older bmw 5-series as the basis for my turbo set-up on the 3.0SC?
Old 02-28-2008, 10:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rob,

I don't know because I'm not familiar with those BMWs, but it is extremely unlikely. The BAE kits for 911's include a section of exhaust pipe that connects to an SC's headers, replaces the catalytic converter, bends around the engine, and bolts to the side of the case. The turbocharger is properly sized for a 3.0 porsche engine. The muffler is set up to fit a 911. Unless the BMW is running the exact same engine with the exact same CIS injection, it is very, very doubtful that it would without major headaches or compromises.

My recommendation would be to buy a kit designed for your car as opposed to trying to modify one made for something else. BAE 911 kits come available on this site every now and again. I would recommend purchasing a kit that is complete instead of bits here and there. Just keep your eyes on the classified ads here. There are a few threads on this site, including one by tsuter and another by patkeefe that discuss the kits and what can be expected by way of installation to see if it is something you want to try to tackle. It seems like on some cars they go on very easily, on others there can be a few issues. Good luck.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Talk to Ben (mb911) as he's putting together the parts of the kit that aren't available off-the-shelf.
Old 02-29-2008, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: