Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bob - There's nothing to forgive. Too bad you didn't get in front of him and let off the gas. Those flames would have scared the crap outta him.
14 535i M Sport
Old 03-01-2008, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Chris,

I didn't mean to raise any blood pressure, but it appears you have had problems with Just a few other bikers. Actually this is the first time I have had a problem with bikes. Usually they go by and give me a rap of the throttle. (All in fun) This guy was an exception to any rule...Thats why I told all of you about it. Anyway- My Porsche brethren have a nice evening........

Bob
Old 03-01-2008, 10:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
you did him a favour

Hi
First: I am from Denmark so sorry if this sounds all off...
As I said I think you did the poor guy a favour and tought him a lesson in a pretty decent fashion. In DK we dont have quite the same legal matters and so forth. Things like this does happen though and from what I can read he got off cheap. Really fun story and no harm done. You did the (P) world a favour LOL
Jesper
Old 03-01-2008, 10:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO DAWG GO View Post
Chris,

I didn't mean to raise any blood pressure, but it appears you have had problems with Just a few other bikers. Actually this is the first time I have had a problem with bikes. Usually they go by and give me a rap of the throttle. (All in fun) This guy was an exception to any rule...Thats why I told all of you about it. Anyway- My Porsche brethren have a nice evening........

Bob
I'm not angry. I am a real level headed person. I have ridden motorcycles (and driven all types of cars and trucks) for a very long time (34+ years). I have a very long fuse.

Just to be clear, we all know that this kind of thing happens, even to the best of us, but I usually drive with blinders on and usually non-aggressive,,, albeit, somewhat spirited, but that is just the nature of the types of people that drive these cars.

It is just unnerving that someone could officially take a vehicle or them self (namely a foot) and try to alter your space or your property by assaulting you based off of the pure fact that THEY believe that you did something that warranted their own swift justice without properly giving chance for rebuttal or defense!

I have been on the two-wheeled end when someone tried to avenge swift justice on me for something I had no clue of and it immediately becomes a matter of life and death. Some people that take their vehicles and assault a rider are basically threatening the riders life. Usually; when a car battles against a motorcycle - the motorcycle WILL LOSE!

I ride the same way, non-aggressive and to myself, but with my defensive radar on full alert. And NEVER FLIP OTHERS OFF. It just ain't a good start to anything.

Be safe out there, guys. Glad you made a good choice to let him go, Bob.

The only good fight is only the one that doesn't happen.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

You went a lot easier on this guy than I have in the past. I do recall a lug wrench through the radiator of a pick-up after a quick game of chicken... Of course this guy put a nice dent in my hood with a full beer. I think I had the last laugh.

as another post stated, having a .45 to put on the dash would save a whole lot of gas!
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 03-02-2008, 12:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Glock

Glock him. You would be to the next off ramp before he hit the dirt.
EPS - Tucson
AMG V8 SL55 Mercedes, 993 C2, 86' Carrera 3.6 hot rod, Purple 1998 993 that didn't make the cut, 3 very old 930s, A/Fuel Dragster CH3NO2 (R.I.P.), Blown Alcohol TAD, AA/AA, 360 Maxim wingless, Cummins Turbo Diesel. Amateur Welder, Painter and sculptor sort of. -
Old 03-02-2008, 05:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Tell us how you really feel Chris. Ha!

I always feel there is more to the story and that folks aren't that nuts. He may have perceived you did something offensive to him or maybe yesterday he was cut off in traffic by another Porsche. Who knows.

Let me tell you an embarrassing story.
Years ago I was heading out of my parents subdivision onto a state highway. I turned left onto the 3 lane highway and headed to the gas station a block down the road. A guy on a crotch rocket followed me into the station lot and just started screaming at me. I had no clue what he was upset about.
Turns out I had pulled out right in front of him causing him to cram the brakes and head off road. He said I had looked right at him and then pulled out.
I said no, I looked right through you, I was looking for cars coming.
I explained that for many years I had ridden a motorcycle and recently sold it and quit due to fear of traffic. And now I become my own enemy. I apologized profusely and he graciously accepted. I went home with shaky hands thinking about what might have been.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Good for you! Unfortunately it's usually pickups that try to mess with me. You really have to wonder why a biker would mess with a car especially one that's faster than most bikes.
Old 03-02-2008, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
Tell us how you really feel Chris. Ha!
I do have that tendency.
Old 03-02-2008, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
D troop 3/5 CAV ,162 AHC

ROFL !!!!! Thanks for the story !! Had to be a 1st time owner H.D. type...thought he was a bad ass....his ass is bad all right . Like all ready stated some where - he missed a gene or two . I have ridden junker Harley's for years..many people I know "think" they are bad, their machine is bad or something.
It is all a misfit. The machine IS bad, they are mentality sad. so sad to think that archaic design is something..farm implement? ..good plow motor?
Old 03-02-2008, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
Too bad he did not go down, that would have been hilarious as he lost his skin at over 100mph.
You know it aint worth going to jail over morons like this.......now if he had hit your door with his foot, then I think a love tap to his tires or a lock up on yur brakes sending him into your rear bumper would have been appropriate. This guy obviously has issues with P-cars.
I ran into a guy at a track day event last November the same way. He almost crawled thru my rear bumper with his Neon track racer and then had the balls to drive over to where I was parked after the session was over to tell me how he decided to teach me a lesson. Tells me how he has instructed for years and that me having a car with a big motor doesn't mean I am fast and other yadda yadda. Did he think I was a rookie and that he was Michael Schumacher teaching me a lesson? What made him think he has a right to teach me or anyone else "a Lesson" on the track, whatever that means.
I told him to get outta my face and just walked away. Discussion over.
Some folks simply have Porsche envy.....they automatically think you're a stuck up tool, mostly guys in Pick-ups I have found out here in Michigan too.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-02-2008, 04:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
one of the great unwashed

I once got behind an older 930 on an on ramp, heavy merge. I was on my Superglide. We we both crawling in first. He had dealer plates, probably a used car dealer, in his first ride in a 930. One tiny space opened into the open left lane on a four lane divided highway. Were I in front, I would have thought twice about taking it. He hammered it, and I followed. He lost me in fifty yards. It was the most insane maneuver I ever saw. I love turbos!
Old 03-02-2008, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

I threw a craftsman 1/2" breaker bar to a simaler a-hole in a minivan trying to run me off the road because I got ahead of him- shatered the grill and the passengerside headlight before I hammered it and shot flames out the back of the car.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 03-02-2008, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
I threw a craftsman 1/2" breaker bar to a simaler a-hole in a minivan trying to run me off the road because I got ahead of him- shatered the grill and the passengerside headlight before I hammered it and shot flames out the back of the car.
Sears might cover that on warranty if you can get it back!
Old 03-02-2008, 06:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)

hahaha, I tried to find it- no luck.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 03-02-2008, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)
Non User

Garage
Hey guys, what's all this talk about guys in pickup trucks...(j/k) I had one, miss it real bad, but it wasn't quite a "normal" pickup. It was on '03 Ford Lightning, and I had it built to a modest but street kicking 450 hp. I could hang with most of the p-cars, up until about 130 - stayed away from the twin turbos though. Sorry for the hijack but I have a similar story to share, but both parties went home happy. Heading home after a long day of work I found myself behind a new Ford GT (2004???). We made the left turn onto a 5 mile uphill straight (never with any fuzz) behind a pack of soccer moms. We were weaving in and out of the traffic until I finally found myself in a better lane choice pulling ahead of him. Like a running back ducking behind a lineman, I lead the way with my fast, but 5000 lb brick while he tucked a few feet off my bumper. As one we weaved through the final few cars and he pulled beside me at about 90, gave me a nod and stomped on it till he got about 100 yards ahead - I'm not stupid so I didn't follow, he let off only so he could sit and watch me punch it and hear the whine of my supercharger going wild. When I caught up we ran side by side at about 130 just enjoying the ride, we finally looked at each other nodded and went our separate ways. I've since traded the brick for a family tahoe, but will always appreciate special cars, and respect any driver that respects me.
'76 Turbo Carrera #311 - Factory LSD, Sport Seats
'75 914 GT clone project
'74 914 track basket-case
Old 03-02-2008, 09:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Crap that was a good read, if only you had pumped more gas, you could have followed him to the starbucks.

He probably is typing the incident on his "blog" using his iphone with a special twisted version of how you cut him off and he kicked your door and outran you.

Too funny...
Old 03-02-2008, 11:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
By the description I don't think the guy was a preppy wanna-be. Sounded like the real deal low life with all his migrant construction job / truck driver money wrapped up in a junk bike and drugs.
A grew up with that type of scum and know them well. Best avoided if possible, very strong defensive action if not.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
You have to remember one thing when taking action on the highway against guys like this. You have a lot more to loose then they do, so it aint worth it. Let someone else take him out and go to jail....it would be nice to watch it happen though.
There are 2 types of bikers, those that went down and those that are gonna.
Hey maybe they were doing a remake of Mad Max and you were inadvertently caught in the filming?
That movie cracks me up when those bikers were chasing the cars....all you gotta do is drive rite thru the biker and he is gonna loose.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 03-03-2008, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

Bikers in my neck of the woods seem to be pretty cool on the road (yups/attorneys masquerading on the weekend) types

Problem I have are those dam mustangs!

Since the national rentals are selling off the first batches seems every HS kid is buying one and throwing extremely
loud exhaust on them to give that massive V6 some breathing room prob at best 150 rwhp on a good day!

Scenario is always the same, they weave in and out of traffic so they can sit next to me at a red light and rev the engine
Old 03-03-2008, 09:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: