Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Trouble Makers: Never Underestimate a 930

Guys,

Anybody ever experience these type things...Jealousy I guess?

I jumped in the car an hour ago to go for a little ride. Put $20 bucks in her and got 5.5 gallons. decided to take her for a spin down the 15 freeway toward Riverside, Ca. Cruisin about 75 listening to an old music mix of the Who and Zeppelin songs. In my rear view I notice a Harley full dresser or Goldwing comes up behind me and sits there pretty close ~8' feet or so. I dont like tailgaters so I move over in the next lane which were all open for any speed. He rides next to me and sticks his hand out to me and gives me the bird. (Flips me off) My windows are tinted and I dont think he could really see who I was very well. I rolled my window down and he did it again. (whats this guys problem?) anyway he swerves over and tries to kick my car and thats when I went into "Stupid Mode" I think he didnt realize that I am 6'3 about 250 and I havent had a cigarette for a while. He probably assumed I was a frail little attorney type who he could bully and antimidate. He takes off full speed thinking for some STUPID reason he is going to escape from a built 911 Turbo. Some of the other cars saw him too and just moved out of the way. I didnt realize how slow these bikes are. This guy had zero chance to get away. I could stop faster, eat him alive in ecceleration. His only chance was to dart between some cars and swerve off the freeway at the last possible chance. Unfortunately for him, my car can turn quicker. I tailed him off the freeway where he did an immediate 180 back on the adjacent on ramp (through a red light).... and so did I. (I know this is incredably stupid but there were no cars around this intersection somewhere out in the country) I couldnt help it. (I have a little spirit left in me). Besides I realized he is just a bully who picked on someone bigger. I caught him in about 4 seconds and he looked scared. I was actually pissed off at him for trying to kick my p-car.. The only thing that would make me more pissed is if he kicked one of my kids. Anyway.. I made him sweat for a while on his a-ss where he tried everything to escape.. until I realized my gas lite was flickering...5.5 gals later. He swerved onto the 60 freeway going east and let him go...It doesnt last long on boost....about 30 minutes.

Anyway- I know better and I'm really smarter than this, but sometimes you just get pissed off at jerks.

What the hell is the matter with people?

Nice Bob
Old 03-01-2008, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
That's when you very casually lay the .45 on the dash board and glare at him.
Old 03-01-2008, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Good on you Dawg.
It's always fun to make *********s like that sweat a little.
He just didn't like you because he saw the car and automatically figured that you could buy and sell him twice and that made him feel like less of a man.
Bet he won't be doing that again very soon.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 03-01-2008, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

That's hilarious, I'd love to watch some idiot on a bike try to speed away from a bonehead move like that only to get sucked in by the 930.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
I 2nd the "hilarious" remark. I was laughing my a$$ off.

Great job. I am a little hot headed and I don't tolerate those types of people. My only problem for pursuing someone like this would be if my wife was with me. I would of had to let the idiot go.

Great work. Thanks for the story.

Bryan
Old 03-01-2008, 02:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Hey any chance you might not have seen the guy and cut him off somehow? I can't understand what would have motivated him to be such a tool.....
'73 911T Coupe (current)
'88 930S M505 (current)
Old 03-01-2008, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Kilo,

No, like I said he came up behind me. But I can assure you there are a few people that might have been upset with me after he gave me the bird. Because I lost it after he tried to kick my car and I cut in and out of traffic to a few times to not let him get away. And I would gladly apologize to them all. I am not an aggressive driver and very aware of "situational awareness". I can appreciate giving someone the benefit of the doubt and had I initially caused him a problem I would have said I was sorry.

But this was not the case. There is simply no excuse for him to try and kick my car. He was a short penised little man who almost got his arse kicked. Like some of the other fellas said I guarantee he wont try that anytime soon.

You guys should have seen this guy..There was one point where he slipped between cars and got ahead about a eighth mile until I could get around a cluster of cars. I punched the old girl and she caught him so fast reminded me of the scene in Final Countdown where those F-14's strafe those zeros and scare the H out of them. I had this guy wobbling a few times.

As I said he was helpless against a built 930 and a decent driver.

"Viva la Porsche"

Bob
Old 03-01-2008, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Things like this happen all the time. Next time, get the plate number, call the police and press charges.
Old 03-01-2008, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Was he the typical yuppie poser on a Hardly Ableson? Probably trying to be bad so he could brag around the coffee machine on Monday. Would have been more fun if he had laid it down. One less to deal with.

I do find it odd that a guy on a bike would do something like that to a car. Not the kinda fight you want to pick.
Old 03-01-2008, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Turboteener,

What I thought was odd was he would hit his brakes hard with me right behind him..Thats how I discovered how much better my brakes were than his in my original post. What kind of mental giant starts this ordeal and slams on his brales in front of a car.going 80 MPH..Serious natural selection going on.

I dunno....This is why I'm telling you guys...?????

His appearance was of a blue collar, grubby, gruff , unshaven, 40ish, plump, has been, wife beater.

Just an observation...

Bob
Old 03-01-2008, 06:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

I had a encounter with a biker but it was much more congenial. Some guy in one of those sport cruiser things was buzzing me a little bit so we took off and I let him lead for a few miles. He was going absolutely full throttle, and the wind was making his clothing flap around, and he was all leaned over as best he could at maybe 120. So it looked like a good moment to blow by him, and I was actually just as surprised as him at how fast my car passed him. I have never did a 120 mph roll on with somebody nearby.

Anyway, he gave me a big thumbs up later when he took his exit. I was amused for a couple days after that. It was just funny the way he topped out his bike and couldn't go any faster and I was able to dop him in about a millisecond.
Old 03-01-2008, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Maybe he's just retarded?
Old 03-01-2008, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
I think he had a false sense of security on the bike being able to maneuver around between cars and hoping for a less pissed off guy. I guess. Thinking about it afterward, I was glad to make him sh_t in his pants. But on the flip side, I should have been more careful with my life because I have 2 children to raise. Anyway guys.."stupid is what stupid does". In my worst anger I really didn't want to hurt the guy just teach him a lesson. But was the lesson: "Dont piss people off" or "don't mess with a 930"

Probably both...

Bob
Old 03-01-2008, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Great story, Dawg! I was chortaling(sp?) as I read it. I would have been OK, too, until he tried to kick my door...Then like you, I probably would have lost it. The guy must be an absolute idiot. You never pick a fight with a guy in a car when you are riding your bike. Besides my 930 (and a few other cars), I have a chopper. When I ride it, boy do I behave. I'm not interested in being run over by an angry guy with a 4,000 lb. bullet.

I don't know about you guys, but when I drive my 930 it seems like ,many people either think it's really cool or they are trying to drive up my tail pipe trying to prove something or trying to start something, be it a road race or some kind of challenge. I generally just ignore them and they fade away sooner or later...But if someone tried to kick my door, well I'd be Dawg gone.

But Rarlyl8 is right...Next time just show him the .45...

Geoff
Old 03-01-2008, 07:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
Geoff,

I know about the driving up your tailpipe nonsense. Its always a 20ish something guy with a truck. They have an obsession with our tails. "lets see how close I can get to this guys Porsche.

In some degree this nonsense has been mounting for a while and I'm alittle tired of idiots. I think it had some affect on my outrage to his insolence today. I'm really afraid somebody is going to rear end me at a light one day because they tried to get to close and I'm going to loose it again...

All you Turbo owners know what I'm talking about.. Its too bad...

Bob
Old 03-01-2008, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
He actually hit the brakes while in front of you? I don't even know how to comprehend that.
Old 03-01-2008, 09:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Driver

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herr-Kuhn View Post
Things like this happen all the time. Next time, get the plate number, call the police and press charges.
You'll need a witness, too. Otherwise, it'll turn into a case of he-said-she-said, and nothing (except for wasting everyone's time) will come of it.

Idiot biker. And I say that as a motorcyclist.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Would have been perfect if you car could shoot flames!
14 535i M Sport
Old 03-01-2008, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
WPOZZZ,

My car is a great flame thrower. The problem was he was never behind me after the incident. Thats how he could possibly get away and I wasn't going to let him. Its better to be behind than in front in this type of rage...This guy had problems I should have just let him go. But for some diabolical reason I couldn't...he pushed the wrong button.

Forgive me brothers..

Bob
Old 03-01-2008, 10:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO DAWG GO View Post
I think he had a false sense of security on the bike being able to maneuver around between cars and hoping for a less pissed off guy. I guess. Thinking about it afterward, I was glad to make him sh_t in his pants. But on the flip side, I should have been more careful with my life because I have 2 children to raise. Anyway guys.."stupid is what stupid does". In my worst anger I really didn't want to hurt the guy just teach him a lesson. But was the lesson: "Dont piss people off" or "don't mess with a 930"

Probably both...

Bob
The true problem is that piece of ***** R.U.B has the typical "I now own a "over-priced-oil-dripping-post-war-piece-of-*****-farm-equipment' mentality and actually believes that his sub three years of riding (if you can call it that ) gives him the "RIGHT" to upclass anyone and everyone that remotely looks or appears like they could have something more than themselves on the road.

They take their new found home equity into the favourite over sold Hardley shope and spew it out on everything from HD fingernail clippers to HD embossed underwear. It makes me want to puke. And then we have the DISPLEASURE of actually having to coexist with these scruges of society on the roads and freeways when they want to ride in a group,,, like they think they can ride!

They clog the road with their little parade like groups, they run open pipes and make way more noise than they audibly should be allowed! They wear cutsie little bells on their handlebars signifying some sort of blessing that may or may not be bestowed upon their sorry asses. They can't even get out of their own ways let alone try and throw their door into someones door because THEY had a bad day!

Try to kick my door and I will show you how funny a front bumper will be jamming up your rear biased tire!

And I haven't even started talking about how prejudice they are for sport bikes! It's worse than the whole black/white dilemma.

Last edited by Hayabusa; 03-01-2008 at 11:02 PM..
Old 03-01-2008, 10:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: