Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 prices better in germany ? Ebay

Previous forums question 930 desirability,as it relates to current pricing. Well I just noticed a 1987 with 39000 miles sell on ebay item#190201407753 with two experienced USA bidders, with excellent feed back ,duking it out to $38K only to be aced out in the last few seconds by a German buyer, Carrera lady. Sound familiar? If not, you have not been paying attention lately to the Early 911s forum. This is exactly what happened to the $20K 911,now $100K+ RS $50K now way north of $200K not to long ago. Lets face it I have had and still do have a early 911 and a 930 is way further developed both as a street car and able to be upgraded to race well beyond the earlier cars. The masses in Germany are waking up so how long does it take to use up the 930s that owners are willing to currently sell cheap? I also have used 930 parts on ebay from time to time from cars that have been upgraded to race and vice versa. The high interest in these items ( say high bids ) also have been coming from over from Europe in increasing numbers lately. Enough said, what say you?
Old 03-03-2008, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Feeling rather lucky that I got my car before the supply runs out! The increased demand could also be as a result of the Euro gaining on the USD and making things attractive.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I,m not sure about them getting more popular if there,s a turbo for sale here at a normal price it takes very long to sale. I check most dealers who have good cars in europe weekly. Our gas prices are much higher maybe that,s why ? if were talking prices a nice 930 would go for 25-30k euro,s today 30-35 will get you a nice 965.

Cheers,
Old 03-03-2008, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

You cant forget about inflation. The US dollar is extremely weak right now. I know of many euro companies buying up property that has crashed in NY and FL, b/c they can get it cheap, and more of it with their currency.

It doesn't explain the car going for $200K, but it would help to explain the $38K 930.
06 Dodge Ram 2500 Power Wagon: Tow Vehicle
Old 03-03-2008, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Some very good points made..

to add a couple more... keep in mind for most European car makers, the US has historically bee thier biggest market.. thus there are more vintage European marques available here than in Europe.

Add to that the fact that our cars are usually in much better shape than those on their continent.. as the owners here have been very particular and in some cases quite anal with service and care. The cars here have not been flogged on the autobahn, autostrada..etc

Finally, you combine the global reach of the internet with the current exchange rate of the euro to the dollar and the Europeans and its a no-brainer for the folks across the water!bargains..

The same thing happened in the late 80's/early 90's with 356's, Ferraris, and the 911RS. Now this is cycling through again and the cars that didn't get driven up in price the last time are starting to see it this time... 930s, early 911s, etc..

If you've got your 930.. feel fortunate, if you're looking to buy... you better get on it!

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 03-03-2008, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Just an observation that once the folks decided to start buying the, what for some, was the overlooked early 911 models, it was the European buyers that really fanned the flames. My opinion is the 930 fits a similar overlooked catagory, especially when you consider the previous Porsche high performance models RS RSR and current 934 935 prices, which are part of the Porsche turbocharging developement have doubled in desireability many times in the recent past. After all 930 models graced the shelves of many thousands of youths as one of the top 10 selling model cars for decades. There was not ever many cars made with the overall appeal of a 930 especially when you consider the current going prices. Things can change quickly is what I have observed over the past 30 or so years of observation of peoples buying interests. Keith Martin and other "experts" that worship at the Ferrari alter proclaim"but they built so many" well what about the many Corvettes and others that bring lots more and offer a lot less than the 930. Eventually folks will get to the races and realize what great cars most Porsches are really made of when they are on track when returned to the originally intended design/developement configuration. As some say the 930 was the only mass production super car when returned to its original homolegation .

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-03-2008 at 11:51 AM..
Old 03-03-2008, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Add to that the fact that our cars are usually in much better shape than those on their continent.. as the owners here have been very particular and in some cases quite anal with service and care. The cars here have not been flogged on the autobahn, autostrada..etc
i would rather have a german 930 that did 150k miles on the autobahn than any usa car. I,m not sure if you know about germans and cars but they do maintenance believe me ! together with their tough t.u.v. laws German porsches are the best by far. I,m not German btw
Old 03-03-2008, 08:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Guten Tag...

Yes, I'm very familiar with Deutscheland and T.U.V. having traveled there several times for both business, entertainment and the purchase of vehicles and parts. You're statement is in fact partially correct in that SOME Germans do fastidious maintenance and service on their vehicles while many others do not...just like American owners!

Not to mention, many of the German roads are/were heavily salted in winter and the cars were continually flogged, thus many of them have rusted away and the need to replenish the supply now exists.

I can't count the number of "dogs" that I've seen that were imported from Germany during the grey market of the 80's with bright shiny custom paint that needed to have both rust and crash repair performed.
The fact remains, there are few well maintained, unrusted 930s, or early Porsches in Germany.. and if you do find one you will pay through the nose for it!

The point being, that with the current economy, you can buy an equally nice, or nicer better maintained 930 here in the states for less, ship it, and still come out ahead.

Just the facts son, just the facts!

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: