Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

your thoughts about a price for this car

If I were to sell my car what would you guys suggest about a price?
I'm really conflicted about selling it, I've been thinking about it for a long time. I want something newer, but I see no reason to have two 911s, unless I could afford four cars. And even if wanted to, I don't have the space.

Is it possible to look back after getting into a 997 or a 996t and not regret selling an older one? People are saying They can't believe I'm thinking of doing this.

short list.
stock compression and .6 bar currently. It's safe at .7 but I've never been there.
begi fmu and stock fpr using stock injectors
GSF intercooler
tial WG and BOV
LM1 wideband logger and custom AFR gauge, boost, fuel press, and egt at the muffler
all pipe work by Ben at M&K
SSI and custom crossover pipe.
glass RS america tail.
wevo g50 shifter
knock off recaros @ 35lbs each
17" BBS LM
rear bilstein coil overs in addition to the t bars to fix the squatting issue
ring, valve job with 930 clutch disk and raceware studs around 12k miles ago
delete list.
AC
CC
rear heat
rear seats
rear deck
console
fog lights
stereo
Tons of new stuff, brakes, fuel lines and pump
lots of spares and random parts

If there's any intrest I'll get a long list together and post it.
here's some pics
did 327 at the wheels a couple weeks ago on a mustang

it has 94k miles and the top end was done at 83k. Turbo has been on there for a year and a half. It never smokes.
oh, it's a 24 pin dme with protomotive chip, also included stock chip and steve W NA chip
Old 03-04-2008, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

This is very interesting to me since I'm in the process of taking my car to where yours is. From what I've observed in comparing asking prices against sale prices for souped up versions of our cars, it seems that folks typically don't get near as much money out of their upgrades as they put into them... But afterall, it's not an investment. It's a romance. What I've decided for myself is that I'm going to hold onto all of the stock components and revert the car to stock should I ever need to sell it. I think it might be worth the time and effort.

In your case, it seems like a lot of the "luxary" items have been removed from your car. I'd guess that if you could get them back on there and remove the turbo setup that you should be able to get $20k for your car. Maybe up to $22k, considering the other upgrades and the recent top end rebuild. If you don't mind me asking, how much did you end up dropping on your turbo setup?

If you do decide to part it out, please decide soon You have several parts I'd take off your hands.

Last edited by polizei; 03-04-2008 at 08:41 AM..
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Just as a data point, a buddy of mine recently sold an all steel widebody '84 Carrera with a 400WHP 930 engine, fully sorted, perfect condition for $18K.
The economy is tanking and our modded cars are the first to go.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Brian...you know of anymore of those deals???
2014 X3 2.8 white
"What goes around comes around..."
Old 03-04-2008, 03:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
ducati snob

hello,

i have been looking at purchasing my very first P-car. i have been looking into a well cared for and worked over car that has been stripped down to what your gorgeous car is in.

i would be looking to buy possibly by summer. i am very interested in your car and would give it a good home. when and if you are ready to move the car, please let me know.

thanks,

joe
Old 03-05-2008, 12:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

will do Joe, thanks
Old 03-05-2008, 02:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
You have to find the right buyer, someone who understands and appreciates what went into the build.
My buddy gave his car away IMHO because the general public assigns no value to the mods. Made me sick to see it go so low.
Old 03-05-2008, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: