Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Ice,

I wish you hadn't written that!! (just kidding) My eyes watered up almost immediately. I can sympathize and relate in a similar fashion. My father liked his toys (he had the 4th of the first year of the Nissan 240Z ever delivered in Canada) and moved from cars to planes eventually. The 240 was my parents 'limo' when they got married! He loved that thing, but gave it up when I came along as I was the second child.

My father passed away at a fairly young age, 54, and I was only 26 at the time. I spent my 26 years learning from my father. He was handy at pretty much anything he touched, and I'm still amazed at how logical a person he was. I owe all of my technical and handy abilities to him. I am absolutely proud to be his son as I am sure you are ( to be your fathers son). I remember helping him work on one of his float planes.. man you sure brought back some memories.

My sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Be well.
2003 KX250 X2(I like my toys!!)
Old 03-12-2008, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Thanks, Paul and Mark...Losing your fathers so early must have been really hard on you guys. My dad could do anything. As such, he taught me not to be afraid to try or fix anything. As a result, I can pretty much do anything.

I'm glad my thread brought some memories back to you. Hopefully, they made you smile. This thread has really shown me how many really wonderful people there are on here.

Best regards,

Geoff
Old 03-12-2008, 07:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemann427 View Post
Thanks for your posts Rory, Cl8ton, Brian (did you ever figure out those oil leaks?), T, Tony, Brian B, Les, & Craig. I know many of you have had the same losses, and for that I feel for you, too.

Kindest regards to all of you and all those who responded earlier. I enjoyed reading your memories of your dads and loved ones and of the kindness you showed me. I am in your debt.

Geoff

Hi Geoff....thanks for remembering the oil leaks! I know where they are located...the main one being an oil return tube that after a few days leaks pretty bad as the seal seems to contract. While driving the car there is hardly a leak...but sit a few days and it pours. The hoses I posted about mostly seem fine with one exception...but it doesn't leak as bad as I thought...so haven't gotten around to having a new steel braided hose made yet...but that is the plan. Will definitely post final results once I do something about it all.

And...because of you my father will be getting a call this week just to thank him for being my dad...he lives 3000 miles away so can't spend much time with him but we are planning to have him come out and help me work on my car....right now he has just been able to offer advice and info over the phone.

Hope all is well with you.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: