Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
"I wuz the liquor..."

Blown Six headers in Panorama

Anyone notice the latest Blown Six ad in the March 2008 issue of Porsche Panorama? I should say that I don't always get a chance to read it, so the ad is new to me.

They are advertising "true equal length headers for 930/965" Made from T321.

Discuss amongst yourselves...

PS: I think it was DonE that had some interesting experiences with some custom equal length headers on his engine. Seemed that it might not have been such a good thing on a street car. Track car is a different animal.

PSS: all apologies if this is a re-post and this has already been discussed.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 03-11-2008, 04:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

They are also advertising a "dual plenum air intake for 930/965". What's that all about? Didn't see any pictures of the intake, but the headers look nicely made from the tiny photo. Proof is in the pudding....or in this case, the fitment and the performance.

FWIW, beyond the parts (intercoolers) that were often damaged in transit, their stuff always *LOOKED* to be made top notch.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 03-11-2008, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I noticed the ad last month.
The SSI system Ben and I offer is also 321 with equal length primaries. Difference is SSIs have heat exchangers and are not made in China.

There has been much discussion on header primary length for the 930. As with any other component in your quest for power, the choice lies in the application.

Equal length primaries will increase off boost torque as well as add a few HP at the top end. How well it works depends on the other components such as the turbo, cams, gearing of the tranny, etc.
Old 03-11-2008, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Do they have a website or anything that shows these products? I would like to see the headers.
50k:Lindren Green:B&B Dual Out Pipes:K27:965 I/C: --SOLD!!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdurbahn View Post
Do they have a website or anything that shows these products? I would like to see the headers.
Their website is:
http://blownsixdesign.com/
However, all it currently says about the headers/exhaust is, "coming May 2007". Yes 2007. So they might not keep up with their web page content...
Old 03-13-2008, 05:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: