Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

overboost switch

Does anyone know the part number for the 930 overboost switch?
Does Pelican stock it?

I have searched and searched here with every description I can think of and cannot find it in the parts listings.
Can't read the poorly stamped in numbers on the bottom my worn out one either.

I've also heard of adjustable higher quality alternatives to this overpriced little sensor.
Any more information those would be appreciated.

Mine will go off around .95 bar and then it will stay off for around 5 minutes or so after that.
It's left me on the side of the road more than once so the wire stays grounded now... but I'd like to have a working one in there for the protection.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
J,
Rumor has it that martinb930 had an extra one floating around his engine bay! Check out his thread, "name this part..." Although who is to say whether or not it works... The PO may have been so disgusted that he just tossed it and that was where it ended up! j/k

Do you need the round red one (MY US 76?-79)
or the yellow square one? (MY US 86-89)

May help in the search!
-Sean
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 03-19-2008, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Certifiable

If you are yellow...
here is the relay part number from pelican:
911-615-118-01-M100
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 03-19-2008, 10:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hi Sean,
The magic yellow overboost relay on my car works as it should..
I'm looking for the little cream color single wire sending unit that activates that relay and screws into the intercooler or intermediate manifold nearby where the larger factory sending unit for the boost gauge in the speedometer.

It looks a lot like an oil pressure idiot light sending unit switch, except the plastic part is sort of a cream color and it cost about 8x what the oil light switch goes for.
I suppose they don't make enough of them in quantity to be priced lower.

Glad you got your intercooler to stay in place under boost...
Jim
Old 03-19-2008, 10:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Certifiable

Staying on thanks to you!
I'll do some searching and see if I can return the favor!
Sorry about the part confusion... I thought I was a genius for a moment!
Old 03-19-2008, 10:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
I have an extra one in my glovebox for my 964T, and I drove the car to work today. When I get a chance, I will run outside and see if there is a part number on it (although, its pretty small, so I am not sure if there will be).

I also had to go to the dealer to get mine.

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Called Glen @ Pelican Parts and got the part# 930 606 101 00

It's a special order part, and they call it a turbo pressure switch in the listing.

Casually, I hear it called an overboost switch...
Old 03-20-2008, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Porschaholic

Garage
You can use a red until you get the yellow relay... I'm the guy with the floppy relay and have a red in place of the yellow. The only difference (as I understand it) is that you won't have rev limited... so keep it under 6000
Old 03-21-2008, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

I got a chance to take another look at my yellow relay. Its not as loose as I originally thought. It will only turn about 10 degrees in the socket and looks to be pretty secure even then. Ordered a cover for the whole affair from our host and should be 100% in no time.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Wayah Road Warrior

Oooops. Previous post belonged in the other Overboost switch thread.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: