Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Another Unique Paul Champagne Creation...Pics

Paul and Linda come through yet again! The photos do not do justice to their amazing attention to detail and craftsmanship. To say I am *VERY* impressed is an understatement.

The actual steering wheel I purchased last year from a Pelican member, who removed it from his 930. This steering wheel is a genuine Italovolanti wheel that was quite rare even back in the '80s (much less now) and quite expensive back then too. As I lived in England during this time I remember the steering wheel when they were available brand new and I probably even still have an Italovolanti original brochure from that era. Hahahaa...I am such an old skooooler!

I wanted something different and something truly unique to the Momo variants and 930S wheels and so this was the ticket.

I envisioned black Alcantara, with blood red stitching and then "Turbo" script in the middle. Paul worked his creativity and magic and made it all happen, even though it was tricky and fought him quite a bit.

Removal of the original wheel is straight forward and required a 1 1/16" socket and my impact gun and a little trimming to the OE steering cross bar to get the socket to fit. Then I transferred the signal light canceller and made a new ground wire for the horn and it was off to the races.

Stock interior pic of my car:

The new wheel from Paul Champagne:

Stock side by side with the new wheel:

The pics I snapped of it installed in the car are way too overexposed (and do not do the wheel any justice) so I can take some this weekend and share it if you guys like.

Regards - Yasin
Old 03-20-2008, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Can ytou post the contact information for Paul Champagne.

Thanks very much.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdr911 View Post
Can ytou post the contact information for Paul Champagne.

Thanks very much.
Sure thing!

http://www.designpaulchampagne.com/PorscheLeather.html

Yasin
Old 03-20-2008, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Yes please- more pics!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Yasin..

Nice work!!

How well do you think the Alcantara will hold up ? I have that wheel also and had been pondering suede or Alcantara re-cover

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 03-20-2008, 07:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Alcantara stays looking original longer then real suede, it doesn't get rubbed down like suede after years of use.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 03-21-2008, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: