Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Euro Fuel Line Problem

I picked up a set of NOS euro fuel lines a couple of months ago off of ebay. Had them installed today and my mechanic had all sorts of trouble getting one of them to seat correctly. Car just wouldn't run worth a crap and was leaking fuel at the injector connection.

He ended up swapping that one line our the original US unit. Turned it over and the car ran great. My concern now is that there is a possibility that one cylinder is now getting possibly less or a slightly delayed shot of fuel compared to the others that are running the larger euro lines. Am I just overly paranoid or could this be a real issue?

Thanks
Old 03-21-2008, 05:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

No delay. C in CIS stands for continous. It doesn't squirt in shots....it's pouring all the time, so pipe length is quite unimportant.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

That much I figured however my concern is the volume of fuel traveling through the single narrow US fuel line versus the other 5 larger RoW lines.
Old 03-22-2008, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
What is the difference in ID between Euro and US fuel lines? Are they actually different or an old wives tale?
If the ID is significantly smaller in the US version it stands to reason that the presure would be greater for a given volume than that of the Euro lines. Can't imagine that it would be significant.
Old 03-22-2008, 10:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Brian - I didn't measure but can tomorrow when I get back into the shop.

BTW... the new exhaust sounds great. May be a bit too quite for my tastes but the tone is really nice. Thanks for all the custom work. I am going to take some pics tomorrow and post on the original post.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
I am going to guess that there may be a problem at high bhp figures. Up to 200bhp should be fine.

I would try to get it repaired/altered so you can fit it. In the mean time no boost.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 03-23-2008, 03:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: