Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Porsche Junky

Garage
Torsion bars and corner balancing....

Well, just picked up the 930...busted a rear torsion bar so replaced them with 28's and had her rebalanced...what a difference.....

No more squat at initial boost...car tracks beautifully...not too harsh a ride for this car which will no longer be raced....now its off to the paint booth for fresh respray....Lyn Howe (RSstop on Pelican) in Jupiter Farms did the bars and the corner balance...top notch....

Last edited by mede8er; 03-22-2008 at 12:27 PM..
Old 03-22-2008, 12:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Approximately how much for the corner balance?
Does Lyn have the digital or analog scales that go under each tire?

I've only done the sloppy home driveway version of almost corner balanceing the car by jacking up the car from the middle at opposite ends, etc...

I have weltmeister adjustable spring plates on the back to make the rear adjustment much easier.

PM me if you prefer, I'm in West Palm.

Jim
Old 03-22-2008, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Porsche Junky

Garage
Hey J....can't say exactly how many hours in the balance...yes he has the digital setup...total cost was $540 (12 hours @$45 per) but most of the hours were spent on getting the bars and bushings out.....I'll PM you his number.....
Old 03-22-2008, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

The only way you can accurately corner balance the car is with scales on a level surface. Otherwise you won't know if your cross weights are any where they need to be. Side to side balance will rarely come out the same, especially if you account for the driver and fuel weight.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: