Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Macht Schnell

I don't understand why you keep saying "that's your opinion". The FACT is that instead of contacting Wayne, you started a forum thread titled Unhappy Pelican Customer. The thread will not address the underlying problem. Contacting Wayne will, GET IT!

It seems like you have some axe to grind over some trivial non-issue. You state that you started the thread to cause all this discourse and that was you intention.

""I still would not have changed anything about this post. I brought attention to a mistake in the manner I felt to be appropriate. I expected these responses but that was my intention in the beginning"".

Your opening Gambit to address a "perceived" issue was to start a forum thread. That is disingenuous.

I'll reply here for ya'

"Well that's your opinion"
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT

Last edited by les_garten; 03-25-2008 at 10:17 PM..
Old 03-25-2008, 08:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Certifiable

Send a message via Yahoo to Quicksilver77
Bryan,
You did suit up with some nomex before you posted right? ...
Because gawd dam! it's hot in here!
India Red/Beige/Black; Mahle 3.4L; Kokeln IC; K27 7200; GHL Headers; Borla Stainless Muffler; SC cams; Sachs Aluminum Clutch; Aluminum flywheel; Bilstein Sport Shocks; Adjustable Rear Sway Bar; Weltmeister Shock Tower Brace; Lowered and Corner Balanced; MOMO RSGT Seats...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Bad Form

I have had two issues with pelican parts, one was with the price difference between the advertised price of Magnacore wires on their web site and pelican, that was fixed with an email to customer service, they changed the price and sent me an very reasonable explanation.

Another time was when some non stocked items could not be resourced I had an issue with a partial order being shipped to me. I had several emails with Wayne and Judy.

My dissatisfaction was simply that the engine decals as advertised could not be resourced, and I had all ready removed my old ones once I had ordered the new ones, so now I have none. Wayne personally emailed me back and very respectfully pointed out the disclaimer on the catalog about parts that had to be resourced from Porsche etc.

This was my issue not Pelicans, I had removed the old decals prematurely and should have left them on until I had new ones, same as you and you having time constraints on your engine going back in.

I would never even think of coming into this forum that is provided by Wayne to gripe about his business, especially without first given him the chance to make it right.

Sorry its the way I read it and the way I interpret your post, it just doesn't sit right no matter what your intentions.
Old 03-25-2008, 11:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

It seems to me that a post like this should not occur (if ever) until after you have given Pelican a chance to explain/solve the problem. Do you want to solve the problem or complain about it? Even if your problem is "fixed" because Wayne sees this thread, a cursory social awareness should tell you that he is not going to be as motivated to fix the problem and satisfy you as a customer as if you had given him the chance to fix it via direct contact.

Publicly praise and privately criticize. You'll find that people will like you better.
Old 03-26-2008, 04:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
I take it this is the part you're talking about:

If so, I can see how one would think it would be a direct replacement for the plastic part and I probably would have ordered it instead of the factory part I used.

I applaud you for bringing it to our attention, but I would have given Wayne a chance to correct the listing before starting a thread about it.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Response

To Many of you: As stated several times... I am sure Pelican will help me with this issue. I never mentioned in my first post that they didn't or that I thought they wouldn't

snbush67: This damaged part was discovered when my engine was out, not before so there was no chance to order prior to be prepared as I did with everything else from this site. This was a last minute thing that we found while we were in there. This is the reason for the time constraint. Not the same as your decal situation.

Bryan
Old 03-26-2008, 05:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Dam, everyone chill out!
Old 03-26-2008, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

X98Boardwell- If you know anyone that does some welding- take the flat metal piece that the plastic pipe is mounted on and have a 90 degree steel pipe welded to it. The hole is oblong (that just dont sound right) so you will need to weld some material to make it work but long story short it would solve your problem for cheap and would never break again. What I am talking about would look kinda like the one that 125shifter posted only cheaper. (If you dont want the hassel just get the one in the picture above)
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 03-26-2008, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
930gt-40r

Thanks for the advice.

If you look and read the posts above, the picture shows the item that I have in my possession which is the incorrect (will not work) one if you have air-conditioning. This is the reason for my post originally.

The stock (oem) version is the plastic one that you are referring to. If you want heat, then the oem version is the only option if you have air.

Hope this helps with the confusion. Thanks for the response.

Bryan
Old 03-26-2008, 12:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

OHHH- that is the actual wrong part- well in that case then make one out of some metal pipe- I got the plastic one my self and those things always split right along the molded edge- if you make one out of steel you will never need to replace it again. Mine is not in the best conditon either and it is off of my car- I just have block offs now
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 03-26-2008, 12:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Moving foreward toward solution....

I would like to see photos of both heater pipes, maybe the plastic OEM original fit one can be copied/fabbed in metal.

Also, where does this pipe mount?
Peugeot moped
Old 03-26-2008, 02:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
Cant we all just get along. I work at a dealer and the best parts guys boof everyonce in awhile. No ones perfect. You should of let your mechanic order the part and when it was wrong he could of ate it.
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 03-29-2008, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: