Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

production Numbers for 2001 Turbo?

Hello all, does anyone have the production numbers for the 2001 996 Twin Turbo? Good pal of mine picked a 17,000 mile Tip over the weekend and manufacture date says 06/00 - must be an early one, but cannot find any good stats on them? Lastly, looks like us Oil Coolers are the only ones on this forum, any suggestions on where he should go to get some answers to his Water Cooler questions? Thanks, Ryan
1982 930
Old 03-31-2008, 12:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

What's up Ryan...

Don't know the any stats on the water-pumpers, just thought I'd post-up and say hey!

Hope all is well with ya.. how's the 930?

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 03-31-2008, 12:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Hey there Paul! Doing good man - U? 930 is doing just cheeky, time for some valve adjusting just in time for summer, need to get her ready for our upcoming Concourse Events. What ever happened to the Purple People Eater?
1982 930
Old 03-31-2008, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Hey man..

Yeah, spring and summer are on the way so give the ol' girl whatever she needs!

I was putt'n in some time on mine last night.. it's never taken me this long to clean-up some oil leaks and replace a few small items. Hey, one thing leads to another... I mean, what does oil leaks have to do with removal of the front seats and console for cleaning and touch-up? and how does that relate to the painting and swapping of tails and mirrors.. Ha!

It's always something you know... went for a putt on my old Electra-Glide (I do mean old.. 74) the other night.. she died on the way in at the stop sign down the street from my house. No biggie, fired up rode it home.. making a noise at idle like broken valve spring or something. Well, pulled the push-rods one by one and cranked it through by hand.. noise gone away... hoping it's a valve spring, pulled the tappet blocks only to find that rear cylinder intake side lifter ain't got no more needle bearings in it!!!! Damn, another disassembly in the mix! Sorry for the rant.

Haven't heard that the ol' Purple People Eater" has gone anywhere.. with the pricing, and now the economy I'm sure its still around. I did find the spec sheet on it while cleaning-up my office last week, the dyno sheet was missing tough.

I think I'll give the widow a call this week and if it's still there I'll post it up for sale again... that car needs a good owner cause its a real kick in azz to drive and every nut and bolt is perfect!!

Will keep ya posted!

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Rennlist is probably still the best forum for 996's. Terry Lawell at Lawell Motorsports in Houston is very familiar with them if he needs a shop.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Paul - I hear you - always something.

David - good to hear from you too - thanks for the tip, I will pass it on to him. You had the 930 out on the South side lately?
1982 930
Old 03-31-2008, 03:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: