Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Spacers

Need some input on spacers used on a 77 3 litre Turbo. I have 7 inch x 16 Fuchs with 205/55VR 16 on them

I need to space the wheels out to clear Brembos for 993 T, the car had spacers on the front, plus minus 22 mm.

I see comments that bolt on spacers such as those made by HR are possibly better than using long studs with slip on spacers, how wide can I go without over stressing the bearings, and before I foul the wheel arches.

Was thinking of going up in tire sixe to 225/ 50 VR 16, also thought of 8 inch x 16 inch Fuchs but I suspect these will foul the arches if I have to space them to clear the brakes.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Are you sure the 16's will fit the calipers. On my Brother's 77' he is running a
larger diameter & says he can no longer fit a 16" because of his brake upgrade.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Without spacers they will definitely foul, I calculated I need about 52 mm from the hub to inside face of the stock Fuchs rim to clear claiper.

Some race cars have same calipers with 15 inch rims, but wide spacers allow them to work
Old 04-02-2008, 12:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

IMO, keeping the OEM spacers will aid maintaining the suspension geometry and clearances - keep them.
Old 04-06-2008, 01:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: