Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Blackbird Pilot

I'm pushing the same with a very similar build. The equipment he listed is more than capable of pushing that power at RPMs most turbo guys cannot fathom.
Quote:
900 hp! Really??show me the dyno chart.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

I'm pushing the same with a very similar build. The equipment he listed is more than capable of pushing that power at RPMs most turbo guys cannot fathom.
Quote:
Old 05-04-2011, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamut View Post

To keep things in perspective though in terms of longevity, it will probably have reliable HP up to maybe as much as 600bhp, and anything above that will be high boost that will quickly wear out the engine.
Air cooled turbo race engines that run at full power have a life of maybe 20hrs, if this was driven in anger at full power it would need regular tear downs, new heads etc, just the same.

Nothing wrong with that, and in reality how much time do you spend at WOT over in the states, plus it would probably run for 100,000 miles at 550bhp, but always good to have perspective. The bigger the boost/power the quicker these air cooled engines need rebuilding.

Let's say you used it for texas mile events, it may only be used in anger for half an hour of the whole day, that means it would be good for years of fun, if the rest of the time it was run at lower power on the road then it might be 5 or 10 years before it fails......
If it was used regularly on the Autobahns here in Europe you would not want to be running it at the full 900bhp. In fact, without a very very special intercooler it wouldn't be able to hold that kind of power for sustained runs anyway.

I'd love to own the car, it's stunning, and no doubt built to the extreme. It's a similar build to Jean's on Rennlist, and he got a LOT of racing time out of his, although not sure what boost/power he ran for racing.

If i had the spare money, and it was here in Europe i would be very tempted at that money...... But i would keep it down to 550 to 650bhp for longevity
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 05-04-2011, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Sick car!!! Wish i was in the market today!!.. what a beautiful beast!! Looks like some serious fun..
What year is the C4 the car is built off of?
From the information about the 993tt front drive train its awd right?
How is traction running high boost?

Would love to see a dyno sheet as well!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
Banned

Exactly my point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
To keep things in perspective though in terms of longevity, it will probably have reliable HP up to maybe as much as 600bhp, and anything above that will be high boost that will quickly wear out the engine.
Air cooled turbo race engines that run at full power have a life of maybe 20hrs, if this was driven in anger at full power it would need regular tear downs, new heads etc, just the same.

Nothing wrong with that, and in reality how much time do you spend at WOT over in the states, plus it would probably run for 100,000 miles at 550bhp, but always good to have perspective. The bigger the boost/power the quicker these air cooled engines need rebuilding.

Let's say you used it for texas mile events, it may only be used in anger for half an hour of the whole day, that means it would be good for years of fun, if the rest of the time it was run at lower power on the road then it might be 5 or 10 years before it fails......
If it was used regularly on the Autobahns here in Europe you would not want to be running it at the full 900bhp. In fact, without a very very special intercooler it wouldn't be able to hold that kind of power for sustained runs anyway.

I'd love to own the car, it's stunning, and no doubt built to the extreme. It's a similar build to Jean's on Rennlist, and he got a LOT of racing time out of his, although not sure what boost/power he ran for racing.

If i had the spare money, and it was here in Europe i would be very tempted at that money...... But i would keep it down to 550 to 650bhp for longevity
Old 05-05-2011, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post

Well written to put things in real perspective.
Very nice car, wish I had the cash.
Old 05-08-2011, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

+1 on the dyno chart interest...
Old 05-08-2011, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
This must be getting close to 800 HP @ the crank so 900 hp must be doable with a later, larger motor. Porsche race cars were getting nearly this much out of 2.8-3.0 liter cars in the 935 days and were used in 24 hour races.. Here is my 3.5 w dyno sheet with a single Garrett 70 gt turbo instead of two Garrett 35 gt's. Motor was built by Jarvis Tech in 2004. At 738 RWHP it is a beast, Recently dialed in by Perfect Power so it even idles @1000 in street mode ( 2000 race mode tune ) as it has a street setting for pump 93 octane which is 580 RWHP.

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploads18/Porsche+and+new+stairs+0121304997533.jpg[/img]

Last edited by voitureltd; 05-11-2011 at 06:31 AM..
Old 05-09-2011, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
OOPS here is the dyno sheet for the car. It somehow was deleted from the previous entry. I hear what the previous posts are mentioning. Lots of power in race mode however plenty on pump gas for me with the reduced weight with the Kevlar body ( around 2700lbs ) for street use. I plan on putting it on the 4 mi Road America track at a Porsche DE later this year ( in a low competition class for pleasure use) as Billett Design developed the suspension, Brakes, Wheels Etc for it.

Last edited by voitureltd; 05-11-2011 at 06:30 AM..
Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by x98boardwell View Post
Any interest in the below ride? 2004 996TT Cabrio with only 11k on the clock. $140,000 brand new (Iknow that doesn't hold up now). I am advertising it for $62,000. $7,000 just in wheels and tires from Techart with less than 1,000 miles on them. Also has Agency Power exhaust..

Also, does the TT still have A/C..?

PM me if interested.

Your car looks amazing. I am hardly on this forum anymore. I have a few other toys I have been dealing with the new GTR and a Skyline GTR.
^ yes it still has AC. I am kinda local to you I live in the east bay.
I need to pull the dyno sheet it is still backed up in the dyno log where it was dynoed. . I will try to post a video of the car . I still have the car. When you hear the engine , It's like music to my ears.

Last edited by speeed racr; 12-12-2011 at 07:58 PM..
Old 12-12-2011, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Thx

Speed racer, thanks for the compliment. Here is what I have now... the black one above has been sold.

Regards,
Bryan

Current cars: 2006 Cayenne TTS, 1991 964 Cabrio, 1997 993TT, 1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Old 12-12-2011, 08:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

IMG_2570.MOV - YouTube
Video of the car.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Thats awesome... want to trade for a spyder?

Current cars: 2006 Cayenne TTS, 1991 964 Cabrio, 1997 993TT, 1984 Jeep Grand Wagoneer
Old 12-13-2011, 04:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: