Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

juicersr:

Congrats and nice score!! I was eyeballing that car on ebay last week, had no idea it had any Tony Miller history. I met "Big Tony" several years ago through a mutual Porsche friend "Bert" her in DC. Always some cool stuff laying around his shop!

Man you jumped in with both feet... very cool car though, and that should be an awesome road trip. Think I've seen some of Matt's toys before.. didn't know they were all part of the same stable! Think he may have had some service or travel time up in this area with TPC from time to time as I've see the Sunoco car there.

Hope to get a look at your car soon.. maybe June at the Porsche Parade in Charlotte?

Good Luck!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 04-22-2008, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Garage
Hey dudes, sorry about not getting back, but loooonnnngggg day at office. Couple of more teaser pix for you

Paul, yeah Tony was a really interesting guy, with years of experience from building 935 engines in the heyday of Porsche's racing in the 80s... he was building high HP motors for like minded customers when i visited his shop. As the tuning begins, will get back in touch with him, as Tony told me the motor in this car had been 'overbuilt' and could handle a lot more boost if tuned safely. Hmmmmm

Les, the car just happened to be one of my fav colors, India Red.

GJF, i ride my bikes though the mountains around 129, and take the SC around the dragon about once a year when i do a NASA weekend at Barber.

AnG and sandman, will let you guys know about meeting Matt, if you want to maybe stop and see his collection... all depends on timing. got your PM

The trip is shaping up as a nicely, with my girlfriend now desiring to go along as 'film/PR and internet coordinator" despite my protestations that it's going to be a cramped, noisy and brutal G-force experience for her. She's Bulgarian though, and survived a on the back of the Ducati from London to Bulgaria and back, so i think she'll be ok

Going to be getting into San Diego next Thursday, perform the necessary formalities with the owner, do a pre-flight check, and hit the road. The girlfriend will be 'stop coordinator' with phone numbers and locations for those of you guys who want to meet up along the way. PS: Legal disclaimer - Those who hook up with will by subject to a mandatory 'outing' of their personage, so that you guys can finally get a good look the 'nutcase gamers( as so aptly put by Krasus)' you have been communicating with. Those with outstanding warrants should think twice.

Plan on staying in hotels with some form of wireless, so that can upload pix from the days ride, impression of the car, and maybe even youtube some vid.

All in all, should be a most excellent road trip!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 04-22-2008, 08:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Justin, do not know your travel plans back east from SoCal…..

BUT, if you don’t take the southern route and travel up to central California via Hwy99, there are several PP 930’s that would buy you dinner
Along with pics of your and our cars

PM if possibly coming through Central CA!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Some pictures from the 934 build

59 Porsche 356 A Coupe Outlaw
61 Porsche 356 B Coupe Outlaw
89 Porsche 964
Old 04-22-2008, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
I'm still at the office. It's turning into a sleepover.
What size wheels and tires on that buggy?
I'm going to be in Dallas from Wed to Fri so Sat may be out. I'll take my laptop and stay tuned into the show.
Old 04-22-2008, 10:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

fyi if you want some real centerlock 934 hubs and wheels the shop in Van Nuys that's doing my 935 project has the stuff to help you out. Since the 16" rubber is on the way out they have the wheel haves to upgrade to 17"s. They also have 5 lug magnesium centers that are period correct. Not plugging a sale, just trying to help a fellow race replica enthusiast!

Great car and awesome friends! Best of luck on the drive, enjoy in good health.

Last edited by Reaper930; 04-23-2008 at 02:08 AM..
Old 04-23-2008, 01:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

Garage
Tim, thanks for the pix! If u have any more to share, that would be great. Been great working with you to finalize the details on everything.

Rodney, in a perfect world, i would go north to visit friends in Monterey and San Fran, then drive east through the killer driving roads of Nor Cal, stop to visit a 914/6 racer buddy in Sac....sigh.... but alas, reality dictates that i must return fairly quickly to obligations of a new biz at home. I'm lucky to have even been able to turn heaven and earth to rearrange my schedule for this trip.

Brian, sorry to hear that. May do the Crow Mountain Hillclimb with my 914/6 this year (do you know any of the guys that do it?), so maybe we can meet up then. U sure it's not due to outstanding warrants? I can fuzz your face out in pix if you want!

Reaper, like everyone, following your amazing build. Thanks for the info, as i plan on adding 'replica' pieces to the car as time and budget allows. BTW, i am getting periodic updates from a gent down under, who is VERY close to a cost effective flat fan kit. Will keep you posted.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 04-23-2008, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Super, thanks! That's one thing the 3.8 will need is better cooling which a flat fan would cure.

Wish you a safe trip, happy boosting!
Old 04-23-2008, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: