Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Dankashane Jeff - mucho appreciatto. Clear as mud as you say 8-).

My only Q is regarding the vacuum lines mentioned to / from the dizzy. Will this also be clear as mud as to what to do "there"???

Looking forward to it, thanks again.
Hey krauskyp, please PM me your email address and I will send you a couple of diagrams from the Factory Workshop manual that might help you with all of the hoses. I have long since rebuilt my engine, and am now on Electromotive XDi ignition...so I no longer have a "traditional" ignition dizzy.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 04-25-2008, 06:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Hey krauskyp, please PM me your email address and I will send you a couple of diagrams from the Factory Workshop manual that might help you with all of the hoses. I have long since rebuilt my engine, and am now on Electromotive XDi ignition...so I no longer have a "traditional" ignition dizzy.

Thanks Jeff - PM sent!

Have a great weakend!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 04-25-2008, 06:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO DAWG GO View Post
Fellas,

Since we are on this subject I will like to vent also. I have a 06 Dodge Caravan with the friggen buzzer from hell in it. BUZZZZZZ DONG DONG DONG DONG. Mother Father....jeez. I ask my wife does that phuquing buzzer make you insane? "NO" she says "just close the door and put on your seat belt" Some times I dont feel like putting on my forkin seat belt ...just to move this piece out of the forking driveway. I just want to pull my Porsche out of the garage. It truly can turn a nice guy into a neurotic maniac in 3 seconds . Since I quit smoking that kind of annoyance is close to making a savage killer out of me..

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE DODGE TO FIND THE MOST OBNOXIOUS BELL TONE?

DONG! DONG! DONG! "Man your battle stations, this is not a drill"

Then when you finally buckle up.....It keeps dinging for a while. AHHHHHH!

I dont know why...I get this feeling like I'm a Pavlonian experiment. Ring the bell watch the dog get pissed.

BTW I guess I just dont like being told what to do by seat belt Nazis with a DONG.

I'm really OK!

Bob
^That's the funnies thing I've read all day!
Hahahahaha my 550i bimmer "calls out" my passengers or me if not buckled...I just wanna smack it! I'M JUST MOVIN' THE DAMN THING!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Have a great weakend!
LOL! Freudian slip?
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 04-25-2008, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
resident samsquamch

Quote:
Originally Posted by les_garten View Post
Amen Sand_Man!

Do what I did, HAMMER TIME! A ball peen after it's out is pretty satisfying!
I gotta agree with you there, les!!! I'm notorious for cursing like a sailor - maybe throw in a few kung-fu wails - when I've just liberated myself of some iritating design element!!! I find it relaxing...though my wife asks, "why do you look and sound so angry, didn't you want THAT part removed?" I guess she just doesn't get my form of yoga.

On a side note, I once took a ball peen hammer to the block of an old lawnmower that finally broke the straw. Oh to see those bits of metal flying as the cylinder head cooling fins went buh-bye! To see the piston crown exposed. WOW! That was a release!
Old 04-25-2008, 07:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

ohHHhh... don't get me started on old TV sets that misbehave.

...the old take out back and shoot it thing

while it's plugged in. . .
is kind of satisfying in a perverse way, lol
Old 04-25-2008, 07:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

resident samsquamch

Old 04-25-2008, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
I gotta agree with you there, les!!! I'm notorious for cursing like a sailor - maybe throw in a few kung-fu wails - when I've just liberated myself of some iritating design element!!! I find it relaxing...though my wife asks, "why do you look and sound so angry, didn't you want THAT part removed?" I guess she just doesn't get my form of yoga.

On a side note, I once took a ball peen hammer to the block of an old lawnmower that finally broke the straw. Oh to see those bits of metal flying as the cylinder head cooling fins went buh-bye! To see the piston crown exposed. WOW! That was a release!
Ball Peen Hammers are nice but not always subtle enough. If you are looking for a little more finesse, an icepick can get the trick done with the offending part still in place! Kinda a KGB kinda thing...
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 04-25-2008, 10:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: