Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
After the next project

Garage
Error correction

I meant Fuel Pump Relay, not pumps.. Those are below the relays in the diagram.

Sorry for any confusion.

Bryan
Old 05-06-2008, 11:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

That's the third fuse in the 10 fuse block, which is the fuel pump relay fuse. Or 5th fuse back from the rear. Should be a blue fuse.
Old 05-06-2008, 01:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

See attached...

Old 05-06-2008, 01:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Jim

If you look at my wiring diagram that I have the red arrows on, it is clearly going to fuse #8 on the block of 1-10. If you also look at fuse #3 (which you show in your photo) on that block a red 2.5mm (labeled 2.5 RT) wire comes out of the top of the fuse block and supplies the main power for the relays (pin 30) not pin 86, which I'm guessing is controlled by ignition???

I am specifically asking about the wire in question (red arrows) which goes to fuse #8, not #3. Why does this wire go to #8 if that is for back-up lights and hazards?

Any takers?

Jim, thanks for all your help. I am thoroughly confused.

Bryan
Old 05-06-2008, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
After the next project

Garage
Update

Well,

After too many under the car and dirty hand situations checking every ground and power supply to the car, I think I have solved the problem.

I recently had the motor out at a local shop where they replaced the shift-shaft, Intermediate shaft and the Outer Front Nose Bearing seal's and apparently forgot to push the plug for the CDI box in all the way.

It was moving slightly and my guess is this is why it happened. I have not been able to re-create the incident since and the car runs great.

Well see how long that lasts. Let's hope I fixed the problem.

Thanks to all who helped.

Bryan
Old 05-07-2008, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

On mine one of the spade terminals in the 6 pin plug for the CDI doesn't have a locking tab to keep it positioned in the plug anymore so it doesn't push onto the corresponding male spade on the CD unit with the rest of them.
So I use a cotter pin tool to push it up from the bottom after the plug is in.

It's also possible that unplugging and reinstalling the yellow relay is what got things working again.
Never seen one dangleing around like yours.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: