Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

View Poll Results: rear bumper pads - yay or nay
keep them 13 29.55%
remove them and fill the holes with temporary plugs 10 22.73%
remove them and have the holes permanently filled 15 34.09%
slither back under your rock, sand_manl...you DEUSCH BAG! NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR EFFING BUMPER! 6 13.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I had two two TR6's. A '69 and a '75 and a '69 GT6+. It was a love/hate relationship with those cars, but you sure do learn how to work on cars with them!
Old 05-16-2008, 11:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Update

Well the teets are off! And yep, those fuchers are heavy! I think they're made out of flubber!

My color matched hole plugs are still drying, so I'll snap a picture once I fit them. I'm still getting used to the look. It is much cleaner!!! And leaving the corner rub strips kind of helps balance out the front bumper strip...so I think I'll keep the corner pieces on.

There wasn't too much ugliness lurking under the pads. I used some polishing compound and some wet sanding with 1000 grit paper to get the spots that had been slightly melted on. There is just a ting of yellowing where the pads were, but in time this might fade. Those with cars in any color other than white probably won't have this issue.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 05-19-2008 at 06:50 AM..
Old 05-19-2008, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Good werk Jeff!

Did you remove the bumper to remove the Flubber (good one btw!)? I crawled under there this weekend and noted the heat shielding in the valance, the exhaust in the way, etc. and figured it should come off. I was going to yank the valance and further see but it was late.

Where'd you source the plugs? What size? Danka!

What you doing for plate lights? I noted them nut-lights in one of the links here, but not a fan of the HID 'look'. Guess you could always sharpie over the lenses and dumb it down some - that's what I do to all my cars anyway muwhahahahaa 8-). I may just run nekkid. I checked for the 2002 lights on our host here but came back "not in stock".

Agreed on the rub strips - balances out the rear and matches the front IMHO.

VERY MUCH looking forward to this!!!

And Rocket... it's funny how many 'car-guys' I note came out of TR's at one point in their lives. Good stuff...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 05-19-2008, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Good werk Jeff!

Did you remove the bumper to remove the Flubber (good one btw!)? I crawled under there this weekend and noted the heat shielding in the valance, the exhaust in the way, etc. and figured it should come off. I was going to yank the valance and further see but it was late.

Where'd you source the plugs? What size? Danka!

What you doing for plate lights? I noted them nut-lights in one of the links here, but not a fan of the HID 'look'. Guess you could always sharpie over the lenses and dumb it down some - that's what I do to all my cars anyway muwhahahahaa 8-). I may just run nekkid. I checked for the 2002 lights on our host here but came back "not in stock".

Agreed on the rub strips - balances out the rear and matches the front IMHO.

VERY MUCH looking forward to this!!!

And Rocket... it's funny how many 'car-guys' I note came out of TR's at one point in their lives. Good stuff...
My lower valence and heat shield have been off for ages, so I didn't need to remove the bumper. Though you can see some of the "mechanical beauty" that is a Porsche Turbo engine, I think having the valence off adds to the clean looks...if that makes sense.

As for the tag light, right now, I don't have anything in place, but I do plan on getting those ricer LED tag light nuts/bolts.

As for the plugs, I had some leftovers from another project. I'm not sure of the size, but I bought them from Ace hardware. They are just a misc. plastic plug, opaque in color that I painted with some touch-up paint.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 05-19-2008, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Thanks.

I'll likely just couple this with next weeks' Rarlyl8 install - win win!

Sounds like I'll have to give the 'valanceless' look a gander and see what I think, hmmmm.

Just Say No to Flubber 8-)...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
Old 05-19-2008, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Quote:
Thanks.

I'll likely just couple this with next weeks' Rarlyl8 install - win win!

Sounds like I'll have to give the 'valanceless' look a gander and see what I think, hmmmm.

Just Say No to Flubber 8-)...
Don't get me wrong, for some, having the lower portion of the engine exposed (the headers, turbo drip tank, etc.) looks very messy and unfinished. And certainly, to an extent, it is. I like it though. Different strokes...
Old 05-19-2008, 08:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Now available:  101 Projects for Your Porsche Boxster!

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey all,
Just took my bumperete's off also. My rear bumper was pretty ugly under there. So I plugged the holes with some snap in plastic items from Lowe's, & dusted it with some paint. Looks ok?? for now, until I get a chance to remove the whole bumper and paint it.
Got some new Fikse wheels & skins on the car today, she is slowly starting to look respectable.
Mark
Old 05-19-2008, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Hey all,
Just took my bumperete's off also. My rear bumper was pretty ugly under there. So I plugged the holes with some snap in plastic items from Lowe's, & dusted it with some paint. Looks ok?? for now, until I get a chance to remove the whole bumper and paint it.
Got some new Fikse wheels & skins on the car today, she is slowly starting to look respectable.
Mark
As we speak, I am Photoshopping in some Fuch's on that Be-ATCH! I'm sure it will look Awesome!
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 05-19-2008, 03:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Oh, and Buck, let me know if you ever want to gtg for a brew, Norwich ain't that far from where I live (near UCONN).
That would be great. You should check out the east coast thread. They, (we), have had a few runs already this year. Took a ride to the Cape this past week end. Come join us, great group.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Hey all,
Mark
GORGEOUS ******* CAR!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2008, 04:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Now, now Les ....lets not be that way.

I remember an saying I heard from an old 1/4 mile racer a long time ago...

"If everybody liked the same thing it wouldn't be much of a drag race...now would it sonny boy!!"

Mark
Old 05-19-2008, 04:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckterrier View Post
That would be great. You should check out the east coast thread. They, (we), have had a few runs already this year. Took a ride to the Cape this past week end. Come join us, great group.
Sounds cool - pls show me the light (where / how to find more info on this). Grassyass.

Old 05-19-2008, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Sounds cool - pls show me the light (where / how to find more info on this). Grassyass.
Here ya go... attn: East Coast R Gruppe, S registry and fellow enthusiasts

We're planning on a NH run and possibly a Lake George one also.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

A few pics...I've got the old zork back on! The neighbors just adore me:

Old 05-29-2008, 05:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Nice job Sand!
Old 05-29-2008, 05:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)
"I am the liquor..."

Many thanks, Buck!!! I appreciate the inspiration! I think your car looks killer this way! I'm sure it's not for everyone, but it's mine, and I like it...so suck my big toe if you don't!
Old 05-29-2008, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Heh,
Every time someone mentions neighbors and a Zork pipe, I get this reflex smile! I try to hold it back and exercise some decorum, but I just can't help myself :-) SEE, there it goes again...
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 05-29-2008, 08:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #57 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: