Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Slantnose from HELL

If you save for a set of C2 P&C then talk to Mike at JB Racing for a set of their steel lined cylinders and JE's, there are no large clearance issues and they are bulletproof. The cost is about the same compared to a new set of Mahles vs their setup.

I just figured it was worth a look just to see if the pistons were round and being the causing of the leakage. I would what to know, just to satisfy my curiosity.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

I will let you know as soon as I figure it out- trust me Im dying to know. However I am just going to get a set of 3 pistons and send them to the machine shop so that way things can go quicker. The only thing that gets me is why would this surface now? All I want is to be back on the road.
Those JB cyls sound like fun- If and when I am in the market I will look into them. If I run those I am also going to run JE's. If I run that combo dont be surprised to see a 200 shot of spray in there as well...
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 05-11-2008, 09:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Hi i think there fine motor had other problems
Old 05-14-2008, 04:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

motorracer- You think py pistons are fine with that bad of a leak down diffrence? I wish you were right- Im just going to bring the pistons/cylinders down to the machine shop and let them look at them.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 05-14-2008, 05:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: