Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Have any of you used Wevo mounts?

Still putting my car back together and cleaning up the engine bay... have considered using the Wevo SS mounts as pictured.

Does anyone here have any experience with these? Any thoughts on them or thier use.

Like'em, Love'em, Hate'em?

Thanks,

Paul

RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 05-13-2008, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
I have them on the rear with stock mounts on the tranny. I don't notice any increased noise or vibration, but then I opened my exhaust up when I put them in so that might mask some noise.

They're just engine mounts so it's hard to really love'em like a nice set of wheels or wicked exhaust, but I'd say I like'em.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

I have them. Like 125shifter said, they're engine mounts, so it's hard to really form an opinion. I have noticed a little bit of vibration (slight rattling) in the shift rod at certain RPMs. I do have some new bushings to rebuild the shifter housing, so that might take care of it. All in all, I like them and would do them again...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)

Last edited by sand_man; 05-13-2008 at 07:43 AM..
Old 05-13-2008, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I have them in tandem with a solid tranny mount- no complaints.
Old 05-13-2008, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I have them too.....

also put in new tranny mounts, but not the solid ones......they're fine. All I noticed was the slop was gone from the old worn orig ones......
K27 7200, Tial 46mm WG with straight pipe, Fabspeed Exhaust,B&B halfbay IC, Wevo mounts, Rennline floorboards, Rennline goodies, Optima mount, Elephant finned oil lines, widemouth cooler, high speed fan.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I put the engine mounts in so far and those have not increased vibration at all as far as I can tell.

I REALLY want to put in my tranny mounts quick but it requires welding on the 930, because you have to attach the mounts onto the transmission beam. So I have the parts but have been sitting on them.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

One thing I read about here a long time ago is that you want to torque your 4 engine nut+bolts that hold your engine to the crossbeam in the back of the car to an exact specification or it can increase engine vibration through the car and cause noise.

The specs mave have been like 27 lbs torque/40 newton meters or something. If that makes sense?

I found those specs in a extensive search on wevo mounts a while ago, so I don't really remember the numbers exactly. What I remember for sure is that you should follow the torque specs.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I've had the engine & trans mounts for a couple of years with no complaints. I haven't noticed any increase in vibration or noise. I believe they recently came out with a slightly softer street version.
I dropped off my trans mount and they took care of installing the mounts and having it powder painted.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage
I have the rear mounts as you picture and also had Wevo redo the tranny mount (fantastic job) with the blue inserts. I am pleased with them but there is a little vibration. My understanding is that wevo now has a softer mount similar to factory. If I was doing it now I would get the softer mounts but I might miss the more precise shifting that the harder (blue) ones provide.

Hope this helps...

P.S. I have a set of Stomski solid tranny mounts that I never used. 1/2 price.
https://flic.kr/p/nVgoAC

Last edited by nreed; 05-13-2008 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: additional info
Old 05-13-2008, 07:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Very Cool...

Not really that worried about the extra noise.. my car runs a Zork of sorts so the noise is already there! Sounds like the major vibration issue has been remedied with the pillows so you're not getting the same kinda harmonics as with solid mounts.

Looks like it's time to order!

Thanks again...

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 05-14-2008 at 12:46 AM..
Old 05-14-2008, 12:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: