Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

911 Sc-3.3t-hp. Quest.

Greetings:
In 1994 I converted my 82SC-Targa into a 3.3 turbo. The 3.3T engine was split open. My mechanic and I worked on this project. Every part of this engine was in wash tub. New rings, valve guides, gaskets, seals, oil rings, rocker arms, updated oil lines, belt, chain tensioners, axle boots etc.etc. I upgraded to Platinum plugs, Magnecor lines, SC cams, K-27s-7006, HKS-Fuel enrichment,BB Dual exhaust, Two fuel pumps, upgrade the fan blade, 1BAR Spring, K&N filter. My intercooler was stock & headers stock. I reversed my axles drive shafts. The 915tranny was also rebuilt..Nice and smooth & a short shift installed....
The brakes are stock....A big mistake...All I did is upgrade the pads...Not enough..
I stopped driving the car in 1998 with approx. 9000+miles.......
The car was an absolute blast & stupid scary. My top end is incredible...for me. I read the threads that the 7006. looses steam on top..I haven't experienced this. I am happy! Again I think with any more hp. than i have will be fatal..
I had a couple short sprint races from 60-130--give or take with a few vehicles who wanted to challenge me. I am a person who doesn't do this. Leave it for the track. Anyhow, I was challenged by a 1995-1998 corvette. The driver at the time told me he had 400hp. I took him from 55-100+ like he was going backwards. We spoke after the little race and wanted to see my N20...(I was puzzled and said its k&n). Another time was a 1990-1998 Lambo. Same result, this time it was more of a fast/walk when passing. Again the driver wanted to see my N2O.
I haven't dynoed my car and i don't plan too. My question is, approx. how much Hp. give or take I have. I have an idea....Just want to hear some opinions.
Presently my car is getting refreshed-(msd-/oil cooler/pulgs/fue accum./2fuel pumps/oil-filter change/ngk racing plugs/fuel filter..etc.etc.. at shop for not being driven for 9years,,,,Yup....9years.....A long story....Out of the country.
Included some pics.

Danke.

Walter

Old 05-27-2008, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
They are fun aren't they.
The secret is the gearing of the 915 coupled with the torque of the 930 and the weight of an SC. When I first did mine the car scared me enough to immediately swap out the 1.0bar spring for a 0.7bar.
With your mods I'd guess you may see 350WHP. Doesn't sound like much but it's enough to put away a lot of more powerful (and heavier) cars. My engine, when set at 300WHP carrying 2700 pounds total, would hit 90mph in the 1/8th mile in 8.5 seconds.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Greetings:

Wow! That's quick.....Congrats on your car....
I've driven the new rs4audi and new C-class- 3.5L.....very quick,,,,very quick...
but nothing gives me that...holy--mother--kick/pull to your back,,,,,
In time i would like to upgrade to another 996 or 997 turbo in the future. Well see...
For now, all is good and just the hearing the car rumble/burble/spit/fire/wastegate-music...Combine all these tunes........YOU WILL NEVER GET BORED OR YOUR NEIGHBORS.

Thxs for the insight.

Walter
Old 05-27-2008, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Wer bremst verliert

I'd suggest taking it to a dyno.

Then you'll know what kind of power you have but more importantly you'll know where your AF ratio is, which makes a difference between having a 8K beauty and a 8K parts bin.

You've spent the money on upgrades, the smartest money your about to spend is at a dyno.

Unless you have track logs to share...
1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 05-28-2008, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: