Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Slantnose from HELL

If it isn't leaking fuel it pretty much is still good. I have never seen one go bad yet.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 06-10-2008, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Thanks.

Can the same be said for the FPR?
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 06-11-2008, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Juice, Any progress?
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 06-17-2008, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
GJ, Here's where things stand at the moment. It turns out that the FPR was indeed bad, as we got an immediate rock solid 45lbs of fuel pressure at idle when i plugged in a replacement stock carrera FPR and Diaphragm diamper. I happened to have a Carrera manifold with fuel rails and lines that i had purchased for another project (those ebay part scores for 'when you need it' actually do pay off every now and then). This was up from 35lbs at idle before. We saw a good 1" or so of vac, which did go to zero with revs as you said. I was finally able to get in touch with Tony Miller, the engine builder (he no longer has a shop number, as he just works via his cell number and word of mouth!! - I acutally asked a pelicanite living in Whittier to go by his shop with my number and he gave me a call. This board rocks!) who provided a lot of insight into the engine and TEC1. He said that he never fine tuned the engine completely on the dyno, and wasnt surprised with the crummy AFR's. He also told us that he had built in a port to the TEC1 (which in his opinion was not as bad a EM platform as everyone thinks) which we could access to move fuel around. We found the port, and ordered the access cable from Electromotive, and plan to see where we are this week with the car on the dyno once again. Contrary to what's been said, the guys at Electromotive have been great in support, and there is one knowledgeable TEC1 guru in particular named 'Fred' who seems to care about customers with the older TEC1 and willing to provide support. The million dollar question is now if the TEC system is still running 100%, or my guy think we can really tune it to run 1 bar of boost safely. Hopefully will have more info later this week. Stay tuned!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 06-18-2008, 05:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
That's good news that you got hold of tec1 expert and Tony! Imagine that never knew that there was another port in the ecu. Good luck in tuning.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

juicersr..

Sounds like you're making some progress with the fueling.

Glad you & Tony finally got to talk....

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 06-18-2008, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Garage
Paul, yeah finally got ahold of 'Bigfoot'. The Pelicanite who lives in Whittier, who actually went by his shop, said that he has so much biz that he doesnt need to keep a phone or advertise, just going by word of mouth(!) As a new biz owner myself, wish i had that 'problem'! Tony was very cordial, and although he didnt give as much info on the specifics on the build itself as i had hoped, he did give us (or more importantly my tuning guy) some key info on the TEC1 system and how to go about tuning.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 06-18-2008, 09:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: