Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Warm-up Regulator for an 82 Turbo?

According to my local Porsche dealer, my recently purchased 82' Turbo needs a new warm-up regulator. From the dealer, the part is $950 and change. I see here that is a consistant price for an '86 Turbo. For '82 the only part listed is for a non-turbo and significantly cheaper. I am assumimg the '86 part is basically the part I need however, I was hoping someone could confim that... I'm new to the Porsche thing and still figuring out the whole implication of the European spec. 930. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Doug Siegel

I have an adjustable WUR soon for sale. If you are interested, send a PM.
88' blk/blk 930: Haltech EFI, Twin Plug, Pauter Rods, Nascar Bearings, custom crank work, dowel pinned case, ported manifold and heads, Kokeln I/C, SC Cams, Turbonetics ball bearing 62-1, BB headers, RARLYL8 Zork, additional 993 oil filter, plx/inyourface gage, RS style coilover, Fikse FM10-17 wheels, TIAL 46mm 1 bar. (where the heck did all my money go?)
Old 06-05-2008, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

930 Wur

This place has them for $369, about 2/3 down the page.
http://www.specialtauto.com/porsche-parts/index.html
Old 06-05-2008, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to FlashGordon
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsiegel360 View Post
I have an adjustable WUR soon for sale. If you are interested, send a PM.

PM Sent
Old 06-05-2008, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by pressedsteel View Post
According to my local Porsche dealer, my recently purchased 82' Turbo needs a new warm-up regulator. From the dealer, the part is $950 and change. I see here that is a consistant price for an '86 Turbo. For '82 the only part listed is for a non-turbo and significantly cheaper. I am assumimg the '86 part is basically the part I need however, I was hoping someone could confim that... I'm new to the Porsche thing and still figuring out the whole implication of the European spec. 930. Thanks in advance for the help.
You can't fit a non turbo WUR to a turbo car, it won't have boost enrichment! Either send your WUR to Brian Leask or buy the new digital WUR from Unwired Tools. The stock WUR is going the same way as the stock 3LDZ turbo did, into the history books.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
1st post?? WELCOME, we need pics and your location!! And what are you doing at the Porsche Stealership?? You should do it yourself!!!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 06-05-2008, 08:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9dreizig View Post
...porsche Stealership??...
another good term for my new vocab list since joining this board!
Old 06-05-2008, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Thanks...

Thanks for the tip JFairman. I've been in contact with the vendor and arranging a purchased. You saved me $500 +!!
Old 06-06-2008, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Yes, this is my first posting to the forms. I've only had my car a couple months. I purchased it from a family member who has owned in since 1988 --- I was 12 years old when he first got it and I've wanted the car ever since. Since there was a request for photos, here are a couple of my toy. Thanks everyone for the replys to my post.

Old 06-06-2008, 04:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: