Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Pat, I am presuming your airbox is prior to the air plate. In which case , broken or not, it will have no effect on your AFRs.
You need to find a different problem - except if the blown seam affects the operation of the plate.
Alan
Old 07-02-2008, 07:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
one of the great unwashed

Alan:
if you will look over here Boost Transition Flat Spot
you will see what my airbox looks like. The blown out seam is in the distribution plenum downstream of the throttle plate. The Falt plate with the springs is the SC popoff valve, which I had since shut down hard, without any springs.

I'm fixing it this weekend, hopefully, so I can devote some time to getting the 914 running.
Old 07-03-2008, 03:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Funnily enough, I found your thread/pic after posting - while scanning the threads for other stuff. But I couldn't tell which seam it was. I can see why you have to drop the engine for your airbox. My commiserations.
But this will definitely have an effect on the outcome tho - so not a wasted journey.
Regards
Alan
Old 07-03-2008, 01:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: