Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

930 Sport Edition Question

I am in the middle of a debate with myself. Maybe you guys can help. I have a Euro slope nose that I would like to keep as stock as possible. However, now that the motor is torn apart I really want to add some of the go fast goodies. I have read about the venerable 930 SE that make 330bhp as opposed to the stock 285bhp. It seems that it was done with cams, exhaust and turbo. I already have the SE exhaust. Does anyone know what cams they ran? Was it the Groupe B, SC or 964 cam profile? Also, did they run the K27 or just a 1.0 Bar spring on the 3dlz?
I hope one of you guys has some info that can help. I figure if I put it back together with the SE bits then I can still say that everything is stock... at least as far as the autocross SCCA guys are concerned
Thanks in advance!!!
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 06-12-2008, 07:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Putting SE part in there isn't going to preserve any sort of originality. If you are going to go thru the effort you might as well put the good stuff in. Don't have to do anything radical just put the right K-27, big IC and 1 Bar in and you'll be plenty past 330 and no worse off in value or reliability.
Old 06-13-2008, 05:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I would really like to at least put the SE IC in there. Supposedly Porsche used a RUF core but their own external packaging so it looks very close to the standard IC. Only problem is that no one seems to have one anywhere on earth???
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 06-13-2008, 07:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: