Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand_man View Post
Is that a "cool colar" on the oil filter? Got any plans to sacrifice that little gem?
Seems to work, gets to hot for your hand anyway.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)
Me like track days

Sure looks like my IC

Get rid of EVERYTHING except:
bypass/recirc valve
WUR

Everything.

You will have to foot the throttle on warmup, but there is satisfaction knowing all the BS crowded crap is GONE:

Old 10-08-2008, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Looks good, did you run the inlet piping to the turbo through the inner fender to get rid of the factory dented pipe going downward.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)
Me like track days

Yes - straight rounded shot right to the turbo
Old 10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 356-930 View Post
Eliminate the Andial Fuel Enrichment system.
Replace the fuel system’s present mechanical Warm Up Regulator (WUR) with a digitally controlled electro/mechanical WUR.
This scheme provides vastly improved control over fuel pressure/supply to the 930's CIS mechanical fuel injection system. If it works as it should, it will optimize fuel delivery to the engine at all engine speeds, loads and boost levels. It eliminates the need for an auxiliary fuel enhancement system (Andial) and lot of compromises built into the analog OEM WUR. Probable significant increase in both power and fuel economy v OEM WUR. And, for us turbo-power acceleration addicts that routinely push the engine to its limits, proper fuel delivery is Critical to the survival of the 930 engine.
A product that appears to fit the bill is manufactured by Unwired Tools, Flagstaff, AZ.
UnwiredTools UTCIS™ For application on a 930-Turbo engine, the Unwired part number is UTCIS-PT™ .
This product is reportedly new in the OEM part replacement market.
Here’s a link to a thread discussing the device: Digital WUR - Pelican Parts Technical BBS
I presently run the Andial Fuel Enrichment System (which works well) on my 930 and plan to eliminate it if Chris Carroll of TurboKraft, Mesa, AZ is willing to sell me one. Turbo Kraft : Home
Disclaimer/Acknowledgement: No affiliation with Unwired Tools. Satisfied customer of Turbokaft.
OMG, be careful. I sent mine back for warranty replacement and have not received anything back other than 36 email promises and one bogus UPS tracking number that has yet to be tracked past the front door of Unwired Tools. This has gone on for seven months.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)
Me like track days

No idea why anyone would rest their hopes on or even think about this setup as a new customer. Why?

I feel bad for people like you and all the others in the past, what, 6/7 years that invested in this thing...
Old 06-05-2012, 02:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

LOL! I forgot about this thread. Oh the memories!
The one person they had answering the phone turned me off forever!
I hate wasting money but burning that thing was therapeutic!
For those of you that use the Andial system cool. I have found no use for it but I do use the Euro CIS system and my A/F ratio is good for 411 RWHP.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

( haha ) and it was man who discoverd FIRE!

Just remember guys, some of the designs and units made are like anciant technology.
Some of the firms out there have made up dates or have different versions. A lot of times
I have seen X, Y or Z and you can tell. It was designed in a particular era to meet the standards of that period.

hehe, fire. made my day.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: