Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Sealing Engine Tins

Before I bolt the powerplant back into the car I wanted to check one last thing. My my 914 (a completely different animal but still air/oil cooled) it was imperative to have the bottom of the motor sealed from under car air. This meant plugging every hole in the engine tins.
I have a few open spots next to #1 and #2 cylinders where the air injection system used to live. Should I seal this up with some racer tape (duct tape) or does the cooling function of the 930 differ such that it really does not matter?
Any thoughts?
Engine Rebuild & Restorations
Old 07-17-2008, 08:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

I would not worry about it at all.... I had to cut some of the sheet metal around where the turbo compressor discharge fit through the engine tin....close to the fan, etc... hated to do it..but had to to run the old turbo I had... (it waas bigger than a K29!) I noticed no effect in cooling...

If it really bothers you..try to find some of the engine tin from a 3.2L... the tin should fit the same...dont know if they had the air pump back there like the 3.3L or not...
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 07-17-2008, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: