Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
$50K?! I don't think so! Try $79K..
Dave- I swear my sticker says $49K out the door, mine aint an origonal slant

maybe because it was a grey market car...

Turboteener- yes, the F50 is tits and considered by me to be the Mona Lisa on wheels
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 08-12-2008, 07:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)

About price . The window sticker in my hand for a tourist delivery bought through Porsche Englewood Cliffs NJ delivered 26 sept 1979 Base price $38,800 Limited slip $475 Pass side mirror (EH?) $105 Sports seats L&R $315 sunroof $800. total price $40,605.00 Plus VAT $5278.65 Delivery fee $110. Now to get it back after a nice drive around Europe. Another 1979 window sticker Is as follows Base price $38,500 Color to sample ( what a deal back then ) $420 LS Diff $525 heated outside mirror Right only $95 six mo earlier. Sport seats L&R $$330 and Electric roof $795. Total delivered to San Antonio TX $40,835. 00. As you can see the factory prices varied a bit even back then not just for the base price but for the same options. I think think the big price hike came after they were reintroduced in 1986 with the emission engineering, added standard equiptment and some blue sky added to the vehicle. !977, 78 and 79 930 when new back then for $40K or less was a unreal deal given their Super car pre production beginnings.

Last edited by voitureltd; 08-16-2008 at 07:28 PM..
Old 08-16-2008, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
2009 Corvette ZR-1 Nordschlife time 7.26 Cost approximately $200k ($100k for the car, $100k dealer surcharge)
2008 911 GT2 Nordschlife time 7.32 Cost approximately $200k (lightly equipped)
If I were in the market, I'd still buy the GT2 over the ZR-1. GM can build a real kick-ass car when the beanies turn the engineers loose, though.
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 08-17-2008, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
For More Information....

....http://automotive.speedtv.com/article/brake-dancer-chevrolet-corvette-zr1/
Port matched, SC cams, K27/K29 turbo, Roush Performance custom headers w/Tial MV-S dual wastegates, Rarlyl8 muffler, LWFW, GT2 clutch & PP, BL wur, factory RS shifter, RS mounts, FVD timing mod, Big Reds, - 210 lb
Old 08-20-2008, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nut View Post
2009 Corvette ZR-1 Nordschlife time 7.26 Cost approximately $200k ($100k for the car, $100k dealer surcharge)
2008 911 GT2 Nordschlife time 7.32 Cost approximately $200k (lightly equipped)
If I were in the market, I'd still buy the GT2 over the ZR-1. GM can build a real kick-ass car when the beanies turn the engineers loose, though.
The one thing about the ZR-1 that really beats the Porsche will be resell value. The ZR-1 is likely to be an instant classic which will be worth HUGE money in the future if you buy one now and store it away carefully.

I doubt that they will make many of them and the whole program could get killed at any time, IMO.

GM is in really bad financial shape and the last thing they need to focus on is the money-no-object gas guzzler segment of their brand.

They need to get on with making hybrids and economy cars, pronto. So this ZR-1 could be the last of a breed, just like the original muscle cars went the way of the dinosaur...

The way I see it, imagine being able to purchase a muscle car at the end of 1969, knowing that it would be the last of the breed. You would have bought two or three as investments...that is how I see the ZR-1, personally.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)
user & abuser

Garage
that seemed like a very biased report unless the car really is that good... but i can say that 638hp is a ton of power to come with a warranty @ 105k....

and its hard to argue that it beat the gt2 and gtr around the ring... supercharger w/pushrods vs crazy TT awd computerized godzilla and the huge turboed huge boost GT2 with is super geometry etc..

as far as re-sale... i don't think the zr-1 will ever approach the gt2... look at the last king of the vettes.. they look like pooop, and their fiberglass is falling off... the special, top of the line porsches.... well they are to be lusted after..still

but, to be honest the zr-1 has appeal to me, dunno why.
Old 08-21-2008, 02:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facey View Post

as far as re-sale... i don't think the zr-1 will ever approach the gt2... look at the last king of the vettes.. they look like pooop, and their fiberglass is falling off... the special, top of the line porsches.... well they are to be lusted after..still
Some of the "collectible" Corvettes didn't really pan out ('78 Pace Car and the '90 ZR1 come to mind) but I think this ZR1 will at least hold it's value and appreciate due to the performance and limited production.
As far as fiberglass falling off Corvettes, I think that's more an indication of who owns them rather than a statement of quality. Lots of people who have no business owning a car like a Corvette buy them and abuse the crap out of them. I've seen my share of Porsches with fenders rusting off; they must be junk too.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)

This thread still going?
Old pic but totally appropriate!

I swear I went to HS with the guy on the left in this pic
Matt you out there? Chime in please!

Old 08-21-2008, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911nut View Post
Some of the "collectible" Corvettes didn't really pan out ('78 Pace Car and the '90 ZR1 come to mind) but I think this ZR1 will at least hold it's value and appreciate due to the performance and limited production.
As far as fiberglass falling off Corvettes, I think that's more an indication of who owns them rather than a statement of quality. Lots of people who have no business owning a car like a Corvette buy them and abuse the crap out of them. I've seen my share of Porsches with fenders rusting off; they must be junk too.
GM is going bankrupt very rapidly.

I see this Blue Devil as being the pinnacle of the modern horsepower battle which started with the Z06 a few years ago and has made Porsche, Nissan, Audi and Ford and basically everyone increase their horsepower across the board.

I see this being 1969 all over again, with GM in the future having NO CHOICE but to build economy cars and start all over again. Just like 1969.

The 1978 pace car and 1990 ZR-1 were surpassed by better vehicles, but the Blue Devil is not likely to be unless gas prices go back down forever. I think GM suspends any programs not related to building hybrids/economy cars immediately.

I could be wrong but it happened before under very similiar circumstances.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Just as an example of why I think things are changing is the new 2009 Porsche 911.

It will be a smaller, more simple engine block and better gas mileage thru direct fuel injection, plus a SEVEN SPEED tranny available.

Once things go in this new direction, GM is going to struggle to keep up again. So I think the Blue Devil is without doubt the last of it's breed for a good while.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
GM is going bankrupt very rapidly.

I see this Blue Devil as being the pinnacle of the modern horsepower battle which started with the Z06 a few years ago and has made Porsche, Nissan, Audi and Ford and basically everyone increase their horsepower across the board.

I see this being 1969 all over again, with GM in the future having NO CHOICE but to build economy cars and start all over again. Just like 1969.

The 1978 pace car and 1990 ZR-1 were surpassed by better vehicles, but the Blue Devil is not likely to be unless gas prices go back down forever. I think GM suspends any programs not related to building hybrids/economy cars immediately.

That may very well be true. I personally, hope not. I think the competition improves the breeds of all involved. Case in point, GM's decision to shelve the C7R until the ACO, the sanctioning body for LeMans, gets it's damn act together. Damn politics the French are famous for!! As far as I'm concerned, ALMS IS the future of racing.

Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 08-22-2008, 11:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
When GM launches that car my Turbo will be officially for sale
Old 08-22-2008, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)

Finally, GM put the damn engine where it belongs, IN THE MIDDLE. Maybe they'll put a turbo on it and call it the 1035.

Flame suit on.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)
Metal Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post

the Blue Devil is not likely to be unless gas prices go back down forever. I think GM suspends any programs not related to building hybrids/economy cars immediately.

No matter what the economic circumstances of the domestic auto industry happen to be, the Big 3 know that product development must go on. Lack of product is a sure fire going out of business plan. GM learned it, Ford learned it around early 2000 and Chrysler is learning it right now.
There continues to be a market for "boutique" performance cars that have a solid core following. That's why we're seeing the Z06 and ZR1 Corvettes, the GT500 and KR Mustangs and the Viper and new Challenger. Even the GT2 is a "boutique" car aimed at the Euro-loving performance market (of which I'm a member). The manufacturers make money on them so there will be more in the future; you can count on it....
Old 08-23-2008, 10:32 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)
Me like track days

100% correct, exactly -
Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: