Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Adel Wiggins Clamps

Does anyone know a good place to buy Adel wiggins clamps? (or similar?)

I need a complete assembly in either 3.25in or 3.5in

Are there any alternatives that work the same, or am I pretty much looking at $300??
Old 08-01-2008, 06:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Silicone hose works fine for me, but if you must have them you'll probably have to pay.

http://www.burnsstainless.com/Hardware/WigginsClamps/wigginsclamps.html
Old 08-01-2008, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Check out http://www.hargettprecision.com/ He just released a new product called QDC's They are 60% less than wiggins clamps and are far less complicated.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 08-02-2008, 08:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF View Post
Check out http://www.hargettprecision.com/ He just released a new product called QDC's They are 60% less than wiggins clamps and are far less complicated.
Wow, those are priced good.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

has anybody here used these? I was considering picking up a set...
Old 08-02-2008, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

I have Wiggins on one of my cars and I just recieved a set of the new Hargett units. I can tell you they are very clean and much easier to use. I will be using these from now on.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 08-02-2008, 08:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Very cool, Thanks GJF. I've never bought anything from them but I'm looking forward to it...
Old 08-03-2008, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
I can vouch for the complicated nature of the Wiggins clamps. The Hargett piece looks great.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
"I wuz the liquor..."

The Wiggins clamps are things of beauty, as are the Hargett pieces - no surprise there, Hargett is well known for this level of detail.

What would be helpful, is for someone to post a picture of how one of these clamps was actually being used. Show us how it fits and/or how it's incorporated into a pipe.
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-04-2008, 06:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Hi guys,

Below is a pic of them welded to some tubing. The typical uses are for intercooler piping, water lines, oil lines etc. The QDC's functionality is basically the same as a Wiggins clamp but at 60% less cost.

www.HargettPrecision.com
Old 08-04-2008, 09:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Yup, I'm sold. Totally going to go buy a stock load of them here next week. never could stomach the price of the Wiggins, no matter what the car they were going on
Old 08-04-2008, 03:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
I know this thread is old, but I cannot find these in the Hargett website. Does anyone know if they still make them.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 06-13-2014, 07:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

I was thinking of getting those too, still available. Search for qdc on their site

HPP 2.50 Inch 2-Piece QDC Coupler Assembly HPP
Old 06-14-2014, 03:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Sorry, but the QDC's are no longer available.
www.HargettPrecision.com
Old 06-14-2014, 04:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Vibrant Performance ::.
Old 06-14-2014, 07:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeb930 View Post
+1.
No more Adel Wiggins clamps, these are great.
email: info@turbokraft.com
http://www.facebook.com/TurboKraft - http://www.instagram.com/TurboKraft
Old 06-16-2014, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Pegasus racing still has some instock.
I bought 6 sets from them before and they gave me a great discount.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/group.asp?GroupID=QDCOUPLERS
Old 06-16-2014, 09:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Iv'e used the Pegasus in Diesel performance trucks. They are literally the same as a Wiggins except they have no holes in the clamp. The tube adapters come clear anodized as were the Wiggins come raw. I typically mix some LYE in water and set the tube adapters in the mixture for 5 minutes each and it removes the anodizing to prepare for welding. The nice thing about the Pegasus is that they come in a selection of colors and not just purple. The stainless clasp mechanism and hinge is identical to the Wiggins. The clam shell clamp is a little more robust than the Wiggins. Overall I think they are a better value and better product. Just go the eBay and do a search on "Pegasus clamps".
Old 06-16-2014, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

If anyone is interested I can take a side by side picture to compare the two.
Old 06-16-2014, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJF View Post
If anyone is interested I can take a side by side picture to compare the two.
Yes, please.
www.stauningwhisky.dk
Old 06-16-2014, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: