Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

distributor vaccum lines

Well, I thought I labeled them well enough (and took enough pics), but with the nine months that have passed, and the many mods in addition to an engine overhaul, I am uncertain about the placement of the advance and retard vaccum lines from the distributor. . . can someone point me in the direction of pics/diagrams of the 930 (1987) vaccum system?

Thank you, Ronnie
Old 08-08-2008, 12:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi mine is blue on the front red on the back
Old 08-08-2008, 08:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Banned

Hello and thanks, but I really need to know where the advance and retard lines go (which goes to the throttle body nipple, which goes to the retard switch etc) . . .

I'm not evern sure which is the advance and which is the retard nipple of the distributor . . . which one is part of the diaphram housing on the "back" of the distributor?

Ronnie
Old 08-09-2008, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Banned

I remember a link to someone who had taken dozens of excellent pics of a 930 engine before and during dissasembly but cannot find it now . . . can anyone recall this thread and point me to it?

Ronnie
Old 08-09-2008, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
The red one is disconnected and went at the front. Mines a Euro ROW car. 930/66.

1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 08-10-2008, 03:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Banned

OK - so the red line (not in the pic) goes all the way to the little, two-nipple, vac switch on the front of the enging (near the oil pressure switch) correct?

And the blue line (in the pic) goes to the vac switch mounted on the the turbo intake section that also supports the intercooler (top nipple), correct?

And then a line runs from this switch (front side nipple) to a nipple on the throttle body, correct?

I have some pics of this but they are just not complete enough . . .

Thanks for the help!

Ronnie
Old 08-10-2008, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

hi the blue goes to the back of throttle body to the vacuum switch at the oil breather to the front adv. port on dis the red goes from the front of the throttle body to the vacuum to the rear retard port
Old 08-10-2008, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
OK - so the red line (not in the pic) goes all the way to the little, two-nipple, vac switch on the front of the enging (near the oil pressure switch) correct?

And the blue line (in the pic) goes to the vac switch mounted on the the turbo intake section that also supports the intercooler (top nipple), correct?

And then a line runs from this switch (front side nipple) to a nipple on the throttle body, correct?

I have some pics of this but they are just not complete enough . . .

Thanks for the help!

Ronnie
The red line goes to a small device screwed in somewhere on top of the front of the engine. I don't recall where the blue line goes.
Note that my car is a euro not a USA car.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 08-10-2008, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: