Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Black Ice in the summer !

I was going down the highway at 80 mph when my car slid over three lanes ! I thought I lost a tie rod but the oil cooler blew . I had no control and we were just sliding off the road and soon as we went in the breakdown lane the wheels caught. My car is covered in oil from top to bottom and when my wife got out the passenger side she was covered in oil. Have you ever heard of this before I am going to pull off the wheel now.
1996 Silverton 312 sedan bridge
Old 08-10-2008, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Could be a hole or a loose connection. The cloth covered hoses rot over time if you still have them as well.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Holy crap, Batman!!! What a wild ride that must have been. Good thing you had the room to get her back under control without taking anybody out with you.
Old 08-11-2008, 09:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
It is definetly the oil cooler oil comes out the vents when started I guess time to replace it.
1996 Silverton 312 sedan bridge
Old 08-11-2008, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Glad everyone is ok.

I have had an oil line blow on a NA on the track, and now can better tell if a hose needs to be replaced. No doubt your need to be looked at carefully. Not sure what could cause an oil cooler to blow though. Let us know what you find.

How low did it get? Have you checked your drain plug?

Regards,
Old 08-11-2008, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: