Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Banned

Release Bearing Question

Hello - the OEM 930 clutch release bearing does not utilize a retention ring/washers/clips such as seen on the other, same era, 911s correct? The groove of the release bearing simply rides in the "fingers" of the pressure plate, correct?

Thanks, Ronnie

Last edited by Ronnie's.930; 08-11-2008 at 03:59 PM..
Old 08-11-2008, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Acceleration Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
The groove of the release bearing simply rides in the "fingers" of the pressure plate, correct?
Correct.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

There are two lugs - if I understand you right. You locate the two fingers into the two grooves. You have the inspection hole to make sure all lines up OK. But beware - I had to pull my motor again. Mine looked located when I tightened the bellhousing down, but found odd pedal problems. They had flicked out during use. I don't know if they are all like this, but I found by rotating 180 deg the dogs fitted better in the grooves - ie they only really fitted properly one way of the two possible combinations . I chose the wrong one first time.
Yes - now I understand - reading again - it just sits in the fingers. But make sure your two lugs /dogs locate perfectly - I mean perfectly. If not, rotate and try again.
Alan
Old 08-11-2008, 07:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Macht Schnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan L View Post
There are two lugs - if I understand you right. You locate the two fingers into the two grooves. You have the inspection hole to make sure all lines up OK. But beware - I had to pull my motor again. Mine looked located when I tightened the bellhousing down, but found odd pedal problems. They had flicked out during use. I don't know if they are all like this, but I found by rotating 180 deg the dogs fitted better in the grooves - ie they only really fitted properly one way of the two possible combinations . I chose the wrong one first time.
Yes - now I understand - reading again - it just sits in the fingers. But make sure your two lugs /dogs locate perfectly - I mean perfectly. If not, rotate and try again.
Alan
Been there, Done that, got the greasy T-Shirt to prove it!
---Les Garten---85 930, Andial IC, GHL Headers, Fabspeed Dual, K-27 HF2, 3.4 JE Full Finned 7.5:1 CR, 964 CAM'd, Carerra 3.2 Manifold Cut/Flipped, Tec3r, Siemans 55#, GSF Fuel Rails, Clewett Crank Trigger, Clewett Cam Trigger,Dual Plugged, ARP Head Studs/Rod Bolts, Clewett Wires.Tial 46mm WG, Tial 50mm BOV, WEVO Shifter,934 Boost Gauge, Wideband EGO Sensor/Gauge, C2T Head Gaskets, '88 MB 300TE,BMW R100RT
Old 08-11-2008, 10:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Banned

Thanks for the help - got it sorted today!

Ronnie
Old 08-12-2008, 05:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: