Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Safety relay bypass

I would like to bypass the "safety relay" on a 930 Turbo 3 litre 1977 model, to check if some systems are working, as I suspect this relay is dud ( no spare available to swap out at this point) Part number is 93061711701. Which pins should be bridged to override it? ( taking the round pin as being at 12 o'clock)
Is this the so called overboost relay?

Can anyone tell me what the black relay on the rear panel ( in photo) controls? In the past when I had a problem with the car cutting out, the mechanic bridges this relay out, someone told me it has nothing to do with the ignition, so i am a bit puzzled.
I also took a photo of the front fuse box, the first relay is red, and again I am told that there should possibly be another red relay in the holder next to it, or failing that, on the rear panel with the CDI unit, which currently has a black one! Who is correct?
Old 08-16-2008, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
I think the black relay you have pictured with the white marks on it is the 'overboost switch relay' this toggles the fuel pumps on and off thanks to the overboost switch mounted in the recirc assy on a stock car.

Last edited by NathanUK; 08-16-2008 at 02:03 PM..
Old 08-16-2008, 01:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
I believe C is the ignition delay relay, this holds the ignition on for a few secs after you turn off at the key.

Last edited by NathanUK; 08-16-2008 at 02:03 PM..
Old 08-16-2008, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
As for fuel pump relays, yes there are two and both should be red.
930 fuel pump relay wiring - once and for all
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg

Last edited by NathanUK; 08-16-2008 at 02:04 PM..
Old 08-16-2008, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: