Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
resident samsquamch

I agree though, the MBC commonly associated with the 934 & 935 race cars, would be more fitting in your ride...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-27-2008, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

If the car is tuned to optimum then there will be literally no difference between a EBC and a MBC.

EXCEPT...... you have a very large frame turbo and as Goran explains the EBC can hold the the solenoid closed longer to help spool time. This would also help on a CIS car with a larger turbo.

But on a EFI can tuned with raised compression and all the bell and whistles it is then a preference choice. The minuscule time differential between the two would be a mute point.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 08-27-2008, 06:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Hmmm, seems i am getting a lot of feedback along this line. Goran, havent checked with my shop for input, but will any boost actuating solenoid work for this application, such as the one here http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info.php?products_id=480 ?
If this is indeed the safest way to go, then as much as i like the MBC concept, will steer to the EBC.
It depends on which kind of solenoid your TEC-gt supports. If TEC supports ordinary on-off two wire solenoid (which most aftermarket EFI systems do) then 034 OEM Audi AAN solenoid is OK.

Certain systems use differential three-wire solenoid which reacts even faster. In that case you can use SAAB T5 solenoid.

Regards.
Old 08-27-2008, 06:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

I would use the Audi 2 wire, IMHO these are safe if using in a "bleed type" as when they fail, they typically don't open.

They only danger would be the signal wire shorting to ground, or a malfunction in the tec unit that grounded the solenoid all the time (not likely)

Just take careful baby steps in mapping the duty cycle and make sure your overboost protection is set...

Last edited by rsrmike; 08-27-2008 at 07:03 AM..
Old 08-27-2008, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
Juicersr, did the guy over on Rennlist part with the bad boys car? IIRC he was from NJ.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 08-27-2008, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
Juicersr- which shifter is that in the picture?
That's a pix of the factory 935 shifter... similar to what wevo makes

Nathan, you are correct sir. Matt sent his right hand man Bryan up to NJ with a suitcase and the deal was made. Strange world that of buying and selling rarified autos. Here are some pix Bryan sent of the car prior to pickup.

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 08-27-2008, 10:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

resident samsquamch

I know that money talks, but I can't help but think there will be seller's remorse on the sale of that 3.6...
"Ladies and Gentlemen, from Boston Massachusetts, we are Morphine, at your service..." - Mark Sandman (RIP)
Old 08-27-2008, 11:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Just a little update. When we started getting heavily into tuning, found that the duty cycle on the injectors was maxing out early, with possible leaking as well. This necessitated further learning on my part on duty cylces, high vs low impedance injectors aided of course by everyone here.

Fuel injector guru's - Relation of flow to duty cycle/impedance/ boost

Thanks esp to GJF, DonE and Goran. We replaced the old 55lb low impedance injector with Accel 62 lb high impedance injectors and the car was like night and day. The TEC-Gt system has delivered with great flexibility, allowing us to iron out the idle and cold start despite higher flow. Has taken a lot of data logging and trial and error, but has been a fascinating learing curve for me and my tuning guy.

Final numbers as of tonight at 1.0 bar: 475bhp and 413lb/ft.

Gonna have fun with her for a while, then may take things to the next stage with cam sensor and high flow, low impedance injectors. It is a slippery slope indeed, but a fun one. Thanks guys
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 11-26-2008, 08:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

That's awesome Justin! Any time! I am glad I have been of an assistance. It will be interesting indeed to watch your journey on the slippery slope.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 11-26-2008, 10:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: