Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Thanks Voitureltd. Yes - 3.4. I spoke to Holcombe yesterday about the car. He is a busy man that only gets involved in projects close to his heart. I am grateful to him for agreeing to wrench on my machine. Cant hurt to walk through the entire setup and let him upgrade what he sees fit. Instinct tells me that that the more he gets to play - the happier I will be
Old 10-10-2008, 07:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Glad to see someone that's been lurking/posting here picked that up that car.

Don't know what you paid, but from where the bidding ended vs. the "buy it now", it seemed like it could be a pretty good deal.

Everyone has there opinions about the purchase of modded cars.. and rightfully so. However, every now & then a nicely modded adult owned and properly cared for car comes along and passes the test. When I bought mine I specifically went looking for a modded car, I knew what I wanted, knew what to look for and ended-up with a very nice car. (Now if I could just leave well enough alone)

As for the color, I tend to prefer odd colored cars.. change the wheels on that one and it should really pop!

Good luck and enjoy... ain't the sub 5 second to 60 world just tuns of fun??!!!

Paul
RGruppe #180
So many cars..so little time!!
Old 10-10-2008, 07:54 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Bad a$$ dude, I for one LOVE the color - love the stance and the ole skool wheels & sizes (mainly the width). Good purchase and if you don't get used to the color (did I mention I like it?) just repaint it.

Mine was originally Maroon Metallic....now she's a satin black with clear coat...... its only money with these things....the love takes over

Again congrats and enjoy in good health.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:25 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

this looks like a similar car, same size tires...

Old 10-10-2008, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Thanks onboost & Reaper - I am new to this posting thing and its nice to know I have some serious compadres. I saw Reaper's work. Totally sick and a peace of work from the soul. Congrads. If either of you guys find yourself down in the San Antonio you are to let me know. Mi casa es tu casa. Take care & thanks again - Ed
Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

ECWAG, I'l try to get in on he invite too. I used to get to San Antonio often as my son went to Trinity and daughter to Rice in Houston a few years ago. Still have another daughter ( sophmore HS ) that may get to Trinity. Miss the riverwalk among the other happenings. Good luck with the car and if nothing else I will get a look see of what I missed if the above mentioned gets me a reason to be there.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

My sincere apologies voitureltd. Make darn sure you let me know when your in San Anton - we would love you and your family as company. Hell, we are practically 930 brothers
Old 10-10-2008, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Ed, thanks for the offer, I'm planning on taking the wife to see the Alamo with the Blackbird when we get back to Houston - I'll be sure to give you a heads up so we can grab a beer.

Again welcome.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWAG View Post
Engine was heavily worked on by Doc from 930 Doc. A highly respected no b.s. modder. The engine is bulletproof as attested by how perfectly it has held up over the years.☺

If the car was worked on by Doc, then it was looked after very well, while it was in his care. I miss Doc. He was a wonderful guy, and one hell of a great Pcar mechanic. I remember he had a 3.2L intake and duel fuel rails on his slant nose. And that was like 10 years ago....
We used to have PCA meetings at his house. He had a flow bench and an engine dyno in his garage!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 10-11-2008, 01:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
It would be a shame to repaint that car!
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 10-11-2008, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

I had a brown 930 matchbox car as a kid, I love the colour, I think it really works with black fuches. Some all black Lindseys would look really bad ass.
'13 Z4 35is
'13 MV F4RR
Old 10-11-2008, 05:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)

Well, I received car this AM. Spent the afternoon removing custom woofer box that took up entire rear. Thoughts on first drive. - Car seems a bit touchy on start up. Loads up and floods very easy and once flooded I have to wait a little while to re-start. Cant touch throttle. I am going to look into it further. Otherwise once it cranks I can throttle all I want. Car handles very well and is considerably faster that my 968 Turbo in the upper registers. I love the suspension and wheel set-up. Going to have take a peek at what they did to it. Those 335 in rear really set the car off nice. I am impressed. At 1.2 its a little fast for me in the wrong way. At 1 bar its just right. The car has been well maintained mechanically. Everything mechanically is in top shape. Exceptional record keeping by previous owners. Biggest problem this car has had is that it has simply not been driven. 268 miles in last 3 years. It needs 5 things. Wheel balancing, stuffing on rear bottom seats, replace sun shades, re-dye front seats and some simple dash repair. The leather is in perfect shape, but it has pulled away form window area. Need to figure out how to remove dash and fix - any ideas. Thanks, Ed

Last edited by ECWAG; 10-11-2008 at 10:00 PM..
Old 10-11-2008, 09:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)
A fellow Pelacanite

Garage
To remove the top dashboard you have to remove the windscreen.

Do not take out the trims from the window seal, just pull the glass complete with the trims and the seal in one! Same when refitting.
1981 UK 930. G50/01 shortened, 964 3.8RS Fibreglass Body Kit, 18" Alloys 8.5" F & 10" R, 225's F & 285's R, Special Colour Metallic Blue Paint, FIA Sparco Evo's, A/C and Air Pump removed, Electronic Boost Controller, GHL Headers, Tial46 WG.
Fitting - New service kit.
Needs Fitting - Innovate XD-16 Kit, Kokeln IC. Stephen's K27 HFS, EVO Intake Assy & his Modded USA Fuel Head.

1983 UK 911 3.2 Carrera Sport Coupe. Black, Black Leather with Red Piping, Black Alloy Gear Knob, K&N Air Filter Element, Turbo Tie rods.
Needs Fitting - K&N CO Sensor, Round A/F Dial Gauge, Factory Short Shift Kit.

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Iamnotanumber.jpg
Old 10-12-2008, 01:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Thanks NathanUK. OK - Removed windshield. Found a little rust in gutter. Had repaired today. Fixed dash and reinstalled windshield. Simple stuff. Removed both seats - off tomorrow to re-dye. New problem - I am not enjoying sound. Just a little two loud inside the car. Fun at first but gets boring fast. It came with custom muffler - just needs to be installed and I think will make it a little more enjoyable. Rescheduled my dyno appointment. Want the muffler on first. Found a microscopic leak in gas tank - bought replacement. Spoke to previous mechanic. Said cars biggest problem is that its remained sitting years at a time. I want to make sure dirty fuel never becomes a problem with cis. Thought about some RH 3.6's to update look. Nah... I like the ride on the 335/15's - real sweet & soft but tight. Gottis aren't that bad looking and are from same era. A little ugly will do me well. I decided that if I want a up to date look I will just get a 993 Turbo. Thinking about replacing passenger side seat with a 911 with less bolster so wife can get in an out easier. Removing phone. Thanks guys, Ed
Old 10-13-2008, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Gotta Jibboo

Garage
Send a message via AIM to BSiple
My twin plug 3.3 would also load up when I first got it. It had the very same symptons. I had it tuned properly and was running 1.1 bar, and I went down to .8 bar. It is still fast enough for me.

Bill

I don't know why I do the hillbilly things I do.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

As I understand it, Holcombe is now a big Motec guy. Might want to check with him about that option. He built my engine with Motec right when he was starting out with it. Probably has it down to a science now...
Old 10-14-2008, 10:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)

Thanks BSiple & Bruce. Car is out now for a tune up and muffler. Holcombe is going to wrench on it in about 60 days. .8 bar is plenty fast. Do wish I had quicker spool time. Later

Ed
Old 10-14-2008, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Took car out today for a serious ride. Wondering about the 355/55/15 yokohamas. Seem like hot butter when I floor it in 2nd at .8 bar. Suspension seems fine. Wondering how to better keep grip. Any ideas?
Old 10-17-2008, 08:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Now Available for Ordering:   101 Projects For Your BMW 3 Series 1982-2000  [more info]

You might check the manufacturing date on the Yoko's. The ones that came on my car looked new, as in no wear. However they were 7 yrs old. I replaced them with the Michelin TB's.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumba View Post
You might check the manufacturing date on the Yoko's. The ones that came on my car looked new, as in no wear. However they were 7 yrs old. I replaced them with the Michelin TB's.
+1

Don't know what part of the country you live in but.........What was the ambient temperature outside when you went for a drive? The Yoko's I had were very greasy with temp's below 55* F.
You could soften the front suspension and stiffen the rear to get more weight transfer, but handling will suffer. Do you have Sport Bilsteins up front or HD's?
355's should be sufficient for a 500+ HP car. 600HP is another matter all together.....welcome to the Monster World!
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-18-2008, 08:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: