Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by look 171 View Post
so you would buy them over the good years? I am thinking if there's that much difference between them. I don't have much of a choice. I am sick of waiting on the back orders. I now have the Dunlop 8000 or something. Its hard and old. I don't drive the car much, but when I do, i push it. thanks

Jeff
For what I do, YES. Don't confuse that with they are the best tire out there because I'm sure they are better. BUT, they are a very good street tire for 'spirited' driving with occasional track or autocross time. Not to mention the price point is very hard to beat. I've been very happy with them that's all I can say about it.
Old 10-25-2008, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig 930 RS View Post
There is almost no tire better than the Goodyear F1 Assym - right up there with the Pilot Sport PS2, both incredible tires.
And very expensive!

I bought used PS2s off EBay - 90% tread for $70 each - new they are $310.
Check EBay fur used high end tires - the F1 are too new to have any used yet, FWTW.
Craig,

There are no F1 Assym. nor PS2s in my size 315, 17s. Thanks for the tip, I will check evilbay. By the way, I am glad the BMW work out for you. I am sure you detailed it and it cleaned up nicely. Nice car. I am glad that I can help.

jeff
Old 10-25-2008, 08:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

I push my car pretty hard on the track and every chance I have - constant spirit driving, where possible; and have no complaints with the Sumis. Once more, size (315 rears) is an issue and not much variety out there. I tried the Dunlops 8000 and rather have the Sumis, The BF's are pretty good also, I'd say better than the Sumis for the track... but again, for the price/value - if you're not looking for those 100/sec. the Sumis are the way to go - M2c's.
Old 10-26-2008, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: