Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

help with pricing my 930 transaxle please

I have no idea what the current going rate is on a 930 transaxle these days, so figured I would ask in the 930 forum!

I have a mid 80s (exact year I am not sure, but long bellhousing) 930 transaxle I bought a few years back and have used for about 12 track days. It is stock, non-LSD.

I bought it from an independent Porsche shop in SoCal and the shop owner/mechanic had removed it with approximately 25K miles on in in 85 or 86 to replace with a 915 (930 owner wanted a 5spd against his recommendations to keep the 4) and went in overhead storage until I bought it. He pulled the diff cover off, inspected everything and assured me everything was fine and synchros were in good shape, and installed new carrier bearings when he reassembled it. So not rebuilt, just new carrier bearings and inspected.

I trust the guy - he had a good reputation.

So I have 12 track days on it over the course of the past few years (one year no use while I built the tube chassis, etc etc) and decided to bite the bullet and spend the money on a sequential shift aftermarket race transaxle, so I am going to look to sell this one. It still works just fine; I wanted a full dog box, blah blah for the track so that is why I am looking to sell it.

Thanks!
353cube 525HP SBC with Mendeola S4 transaxle
Old 10-02-2008, 09:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: