Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Technical BBS > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
My main point was the fact that Excellence does very little coverage of any Cars, shops, builders, shows, or anything else east of the Mississippi.

Further, it was never necessarily proven that he was involved in that, believe he happened to have had parts in his possession that may have been from chopped vehicles.

- The other point being as you said "a couple of years ago". Obviously it wasn't too major of a deal considering he's out and still building fast cars. Had he been heavily involved or actually running the alleged "criminal enterprise" then he'd still be in. So I really don't see what point that makes.

- Why would the magazine have or anyone else have a need to defend it/or him at this point?

- Can't really pass a judgment without knowing all the details can we?

Eddie was never arrested nor convicted or any charges stemming from any criminal acts. That is a fact! No matter what people say it can't be proven otherwise! Fact on Fact check any court documents or dockets in NYS or surrounding counties you will not find any charges - You can't have a sealed file for serious felony conviction.

Last edited by sgoldberg; 10-10-2008 at 04:57 PM..
Old 10-10-2008, 04:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgoldberg View Post
Eddie was never arrested nor convicted or any charges stemming from any criminal acts. That is a fact! No matter what people say it can't be proven otherwise! Fact on Fact check any court documents or dockets in NYS or surrounding counties you will not find any charges - You can't have a sealed file for serious felony conviction.
Found this quoted in 2001 records of NYT metro section.

"MOUNT VERNON: STOLEN PORSCHE RING -- A race car driver was among three Mount Vernon businessmen arrested over the weekend on charges related to auto theft, the Westchester County district attorney's office said yesterday. District Attorney Jeanine F. Pirro said Eddie Bello, 35, a drag racer of Porsches, stocked Porsche engine parts with defaced vehicle identification numbers at his auto body shop, while two other repair shop owners had parts and entire cars -- including Porsches -- that appeared to be stolen. David W. Chen (NYT)"

And another

WCBS) (NEW YORK) 2001/03/26 18:19:00 US/Eastern

There won't be any more laps around the track for a well-known drag racer from the Bronx, who was among three body shop owners arrested in connection with the theft of luxury cars from Westchester, WCBS 880's Marla Diamond reports.

Eddie Bello, 35, who has won fame with souped-up Porsches on the import drag-racing circuit, was arraigned Saturday in Mount Vernon on a charge of illegal possession of a vehicle identification number, District Attorney Jeanine Pirro said.

Bello, known as the East Coast Assassin in drag racing circles, owns Bellotech Performance on McQuesten Parkway in Mount Vernon, where he works on his racer and other cars. The owners of two neighboring shops also were charged with the same felony: Robert Benedettini, 42, of Yonkers, owner of Star Auto Body, and Anton Shkreli, 33, of the Bronx, owner of Evropa Motors.

Pirro said investigators at Bello's shop seized two Porsche engines and two Porsche transmissions, all with defaced identification numbers. At Evropa, they took two Porsches with defaced identification numbers, plus a Mecedes Benz engine and five air bags, similarly defaced, she said. They also found an illegal 9 mm handgun, the district attorney said. And at Star Auto Body, they seized a partially dismantled and defaced Lexus sports utility vehicle and a small amount of the drug Ecstasy, she said.

Pirro said the arrests stemmed from the investigation of a stolen-car ring that had specialized in swiping luxury vehicles from Westchester driveways and parking lots and shipping them to Asia. Eight men were arrested last month.

Illegal possession of a vehicle identification number is punishable by up to four years in prison. More charges could be filed, says Pirro, if the men were shipping auto parts internationally.

Last year, Today's NHRA magazine, which covers the National Hot Rod Association, said Bello, driving a white Porsche 911, had reached 161 mph while covering a quarter-mile in 9.17 seconds.

Thanks for the clarification. Obviously not convicted, but we've all done stupid $hit, and in todays society, esp with the internet rumor mill, even if you aren't found guilty, stuff like this hangs with you. In Eddie's case, the guy is so reserved that people have to 'fill in the blanks' and create some sort of myth or mystique.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 10-10-2008, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Personally I could care less about the legal issues, I admire the guy's skill with a wrench, I don't know anything about him..good, bad or otherwise. However dismissing the past legal trouble as internet rumor just isn't that easy. It appears to have been widely reported, complete with quotes from the DA Jeannine Pirro.

I don't know if the charges resulted in anything much, but after being a cop and working in an auto related field for years, I bet I could find a stolen part or 2 in MANY otherwise upstanding garages. I bring my Porsche in all the time, how the hell does my mechanic know if the parts I bought online are stolen or defaced. Obviously some things should set off alarm bells, but others get pretty difficult to spot.

Not saying this is what happened with Eddie Bello, just food for thought.
1987 930 - K27 7200 / DAS Full Cage / Blownsix Intercooler / BB Headers / Zork Tube / Tial 46mm / Adjustable WUR / RPM Activated Solenoid / Open Element Air Intake / Smart Racing 27mm Sways / 24 and 33mm Torsion Bars / Adj. Spring Plates / Wevo Strut Brace / Monoballs / Tow Hooks / Oil Cooler Scoop / Brey Krauss Harness Truss / Race Seats / XD-16 AFR Guage/ 17" Kodiak Racing Whees and Nitto NT-01 255/315s

Last edited by F350Lawman; 10-10-2008 at 07:30 PM..
Old 10-10-2008, 05:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

I think its hit or miss sometimes with excellence.
I have found that excellence has always at least a couple of interesting articals.

But as for the bias towards Calif or AZ car's I have not payed attention too the specifics of the owners unless the story somehow had such facts tied in. I however can deffinitly agree with or understand rather the feeling some of you might hold.

Compaired too most magazines I have read past or present Excellence and most the Porsche magazines are alot better. Crap I also collect Toyota Celica's & seldom do you ever get anything with those cars other than some horrid abomination ( which is sad. )

Regardless of what anyone will say, I certantly feel there is more comradery amongest Porsche owners, with many other makes you dont find that. So with that said I should say if Excellence has not placed more east coast cars or midwest that is truly a shame!
Besides I am from Calif, so if anyone wants too post a ride from back east or midwest please do so!

Sorry wont beable too do any balls too the walls driving until January ~_~
Old 10-10-2008, 05:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
In Eddie's case, the guy is so reserved that people have to 'fill in the blanks' and create some sort of myth or mystique.

I can translate that,

By Rick Flair-

"To be the man, you have to BEAT the man" until someone in this planet comes with a better time than 9.16 IN A PORSCHE POWERED CAR he is the man. the Texas mile is just a Bonus

Lets not water this thread down with negative staff, don't we have enough of that from CNN.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Technical Article Directory    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: